Thursday, March 21, 2013

Adelaide to Melbourne

In lieu of my friend coming to Adelaide for holiday and me promising to accompany him from there to Melbourne and then to Sydney, we hired a vehicle to do so. Dropping by at the Great Ocean Road.

The journey has been fun, full of wonderful scenery, silly foolish moments of sleeping in the cold car, night driving to watch sunsets and the race against time to see family and friends in Melbourne.

Admitedly, from this trip, I discover more about myself. The similarities between Mum and I. Not that I never knew where she was coming from but that I realize that if I was put in the same situation, I would react teh same way. Anal retentive, always worried about rushing against time, always thinking beforehand about what others would need and getting easily irritated.

Maybe its the need to have control...

Albeit, if i was 1 of a group and I didnt have to worry about others, i would be alot more chilled. But in this case, I felt like I had a responsibility to look after my friend. And i find myself getting easily irritated.

Im not blaming him. Its as much a challange for me to control my temper and find out the roots of my feelings as well as it is for h to constant be ehind hte wheel and get us across the states.

While I know I may not be a happy camper to chase after him and make sure he's okay, I realize that I do because e needs to concentrate on the wheel...And while we are rushing against time, I need to relax that rule because we cant afford the driver to be tired behind the wheel.

Which brings me to the thought that I wish I knew how to drive...

Ive bcome the mum of the trip.

I guess hte moral of the story is that if I go on a trip with another person, its either that we both do things the same way and have the same mindset or I dont travel with a single person but in a bigger group...

On our way to sydney now....

God Bless

No comments: