Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas service..and quote of the day!

Quote of the day first!
WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE....SHOVE BACK!

Christmas service was good. Had tog et to the indoor stadium by 6.45am so woke up at5am
Teared at Mary's Boy Child and Holy Night...
They also did a performance with Lifehouse - Everything..
That song never fails to touch my heart..esp the performance done with it. :)

I realize how hard it is to pass on our troubles to God and let him take the wheel...Its so hard...harder than carrying a heavy box of things...harder than passing A levels, harder than staying awake during service....

If satan is out to get me...he's good at it because he never stops telling me things that make me wanna depend on my own strength to accomplish. If I do so, I knw that I wont be able to get what i need to do...done...only way is to depend on the One who has limitless power...

As I sang the songs today...I would have wanted to throw my heart wholly to God but at the back fo my head, I had a list of things I wanted to do...Like going down to central to see 1 of the student bands perform...like tomorrow's club outing...like next year's lunch performances!

Thinking abt all that instantly tires me out and it scares me...I so need to keep reminding myself to pluck all these problems out and hand them to God..and because Satan chooses to plague me with them again and again ana again....I end up feeling unrighteous because I cant place my problems with God and keep them there! And that tires me more. :(

Nonetheless, I believe my God is an awesome God. I will keep trying..not to throw my probs to him..but to remember that I dont have to do good works and earn his favour before I am blessed. Because I am God's child and as all children..they inherit the blessings of their parents.

3 things for this year that I have handed to God:
1: Favour at work
2: Happiness in Life
3: More Bonded family

God Bless

No comments: