Tuesday, June 02, 2009

wake day 1...Tribute to Mama...

So the battle has ended and my grandma is now w the Lord...She's in heaven skating,flying, bouncing on clouds, running, walking, strolling w angels and strolling w God. Amen!

Sunday night was the last night and as my sis and I sang hymns to granny (aka mama)...we didnt think she'd leave us on monday morning.

I know she's safe in heaven and immensly happier than any other human on earth now so I'm happy for her in that sense but when I think about her not being physically with us...it still makes me choke up.

So I choose to think of things from her perspective and be happy.

Heres a tribute of my granny.
1) She had 7 children, 10 grandchildren, 3 great granchildren and other grandchildren in laws and children in laws.
2) She lived till a fruitful age of 94 despite her various ailments..
3) Her hobbie is mahjong, reading the bible and listening to oldies
4) She is fluent in cantonese, mandarin and english and knows a tinge of malay
5) She has 1 foot shorter than another and hence has 1 shoe shorter than another
6) She is a child of God

I remember her recounting her childhood about how she stayed below/above a brothel..or was it a gambling den? And she had a friend there whom she was "hanging out" with. 1 Day, she was there and the police raided the place and she called pulled too and was kept in the police station for a day... :) Yes my granny. she might have a criminal record

I remember how she told me abt how she had been married to her 1st husband etc..

I remember how she hated dolls and animals

I remember her bringing us to church at St Andrews.

I remember her cooking for me and screaming at me to eat..or shower etc...

I treasure all the memories and lessons she'd taught me...She's a rgeat granny and I know she knows. Esp when she's in heaven and she can look down and see us. :)

God Bless

No comments: