Monday, September 28, 2009

Nice Weekend!

This weekend Ive been the best child Ive been since primary school.

My initial plan of going out on sat was pushed back coz I was lazy and coz I decided somethings were more impt then roaming the streets. ...Being w God. :)

Yah call me crazy and maybe fired up with God but I'm still me.

In fact let me dispense the myths a christian carries with them. Or to be politically correct..this is what I feel is hanging around me when I mention Im a christian. So I'll just clear the air with a few points
- I like to do normal things like watch movie, listen to music (those who know me know my music taste is warped), read books, play games, sports etc
- I enjoy time wth normal friends
- Im lame and trip over lame jokes
- I have normal human feelings
- I have a normal family
- I have similar dreams
- I have frens of all religions, races, backgrounds
And these points can apply to pretty much allt he christians I know.
Christians may be potrayed as the bunch who abstain from evil or non-spiritual stuff, or ostracize themselves from normal pple who are not christians...ALL THAT IS BULLSHIT!

Yap I said it.

Diff between christians and other pple...is our faith in our God. And what our God has done for us that makes us a new creation so to speak. And our knowledge in His love for us that makes us loe Him and want to spend time with Him too. We are blessed with His blessings and thereby have unexplanable confidence in conquering the problems in this world.

But note that if any Christian comes and makes you think they are superior to you and stuck up about it and points out your past to condemn you or make you feel lowly about yourself....thats not right.
Our God teaches us that God loves everyone including nonbelievers. And so we as Christians should treat our fellow humans with the same love we have for our fellow christians.
No doubt that christians have something common that we like to talk about...but we dont ostracize. And if you know a christian who does not want to talk to you or give you advise or listen to you because of who you are...thats not right either.

Im not saying Christians are the same as non-christians coz Bible says we're not and our beliefs differ.

But no Christians are Christians and not Aliens! (The right believing ones at least)

I dont know why I've said so much...maybe I dont want my blog to seem like a Christian website just coz I find a joy in talking abt God in my entries...or maybe because I know of pple I care for who have been poisoned by an image of Christians who in the end, make them feel that its better to stay away.

I wont preach abt the hidden depts of God but all I'll say is..I know my God is not asking His children (us) to chase pple away from knowing Him. He's not the fierce, unsympathetic and easily offended God that others may see Him as.
I guess it makes no sense for any God to chase anybody away because it means less believers for them rite?!?!

OKAY that said...moving on with my nice weekend!!!

Stayed at home all day! Dad & Mom must have been wondering why but never asked me.
- I had all my meals at home..unlike the normal where I had all my meals outside.
- Cleared my room
- Cleared the bathroom or all my laundry
- Washed my shoes and socks
- Showered early
- Ate w the family quickly
- Returned my library books
All this wouldnt be done without my mum;s nagging in the background. (on normal days)

In fact, I spent the day reading, using the PC, studying the bible, watching Aaja Nachle etc

Sunday  was the usual church morning but it was at Indoor Stadium and Pastor spoke about Restoration in the End Times.
I took comfort in knowing that what I lose is restored to me in double folds. The money I lost, the family bonds I lost, the relationship I lost..etc....I might not have the exact thing back but I will be restored. :)

Went home early, had dinner at home etc.

In fact it was a normal weekend for most pple but we all know that something like this snt normla for all families. Some families dont have the luxury due to various reasons.

And strangely enough..while I sometimes feel that not going out on weekends or week day evenings is a waste of precious time, (since I can meet up with frens etc) I felt more refreshed this weekend than others. :)
Maybe less walking and talking.

Gonna start putting in more pics. Humans like visuals hahaha


God Bless!!!

No comments: