Friday, March 11, 2011

1 month anniversary

Its been about 6 weeks since I left Singapore and I must pat myself on my back about my ability to handle being away from home. I guess my initial sentiments of not being able to stay away from Singapore might not be as bad as I thought.
Of course it could just be because I have stuff to do and Im still finding the novelty of exploring australia.
Anyway school is good. We're going through assignments etc and Ive got my big project even!
Since leaving Singapore I've gotten my mum's eye for mess. Well not to her level at least but I have been more serious with the cleanliness of the kitchen. Food has been good and Ive started to cook. no burnts and injuries so far.
My housemates are fun to speak to and they remind me of my friends in singapore. Fun bunch! I malaysian, 1 indian, 2 from china etc :)
Ive grown to love alot of my classmates and what I love about people in australia (at least those Ive come in contact with) is that they are more vocal about affection. But yet..it also reminds me of the love and affection I have for those I love in Singapore.
Recently...unfortuantely..Ive started to wonder how great it would have been to have someone special I love..but I then quickly remind myself that that relationships would be in trouble. So I guess in a warped way, Im glad I didnt have a relationship before I came over. Everyones asking me if I found an angmoh boyfriend hahahhaha but I know I wudnt ever go there.
Aside from all this, my communication with my family has been better. Its maybe because I dont ave to face them every day and I dont have to hear their rambles, only their misses. But having not to hear their rambles and complaints actually makes it easier for me to speak to them via email.Hopefully my emails to them about my thought process here and how Im living, would help them realize that I am able to be more independent that what I may seem in Singapore. that I can looka fter myself, that I do cook and clean, that I am cautious and fast thinking about certain things....in essence, that Im not just taking things for granted. Hope my mum realizes that nagging has never helped things in the present and that just coz she sees certain things as they are...doesnt mean that they are always that way...I especially miss my grandpa. Hope he's in good health. My heart goes out most to him...I also miss my sis. Its a pity that our family never developed the "hugging" culture because hugs can make such a big difference. at least I think so. And maybe I sorta regret not giving my family hugs. Especially my sis. Its actually amazing really. My sis and I didnt always hit it ont eh right note and I reacll quarrelling with her a fair bit...but I always remember the small things we used to share. basketball sessions, playtime, tv drama times, random movie moments etc. And I cant say that our relationship was bad. It was and is quite good! :) Yeah and I can actually say that I really do love my sister. She annoys me at times but I do love her. Our family is quite screwed up on a whole but Im glad that i have her.Also miss Francine , ian & Stephen, Peiyan etc. My sistas, my student clubs and basically....Singapore and the familiarity of it...No dont worry that I miss singapore too much, Im doing fine and I dont start crying when I think about home etc. Im not homesick.Anyway as the school term goes, I forsee other problems surfacing from the class and I forsee my stress level going up but Im clear that I will eb able to handle it. God will help me with that!Just had a backstage tour of Capitol Theatre today and it was FABULOUS! When I saw the HUGEASS sound desk and the BIG BAND miced up onstage, i got sooooo excited! Shit! I wanna be able to work that!
ANd when they played music through the system...I was HIGH! I know what excites me now!K gotta go back to doing my project work now....I know in my heart, there are 1 or 2 people whom I cant name, whom I miss alot and I wished that I could tell them that...but I cant...coz it wouldnt be right. I also know they wouldnt read this blog coz they wouldnt bother. But nonetheless...I do miss them...

As for church, I admit I havnt been the most disciplined christian...but yes I do go to Hillsong for church. Worship has been so helpful in bringing me closer to God :) Its sooo easy to forget about Him...because Satan preys on people who are alone.
K seriously time to go. Take care and I love you!
God Bless

No comments: