Wednesday, December 05, 2012

December

Its officially here. The Christmas month. The single most important month in a year for me.
Its beginning to look alot like Christmas in Sydney. Christmas trees, lights, christmas displays and songs on the radio etc.

Yet this Christmas is a sucky one. Im not with family. To make things worse, my sister visited for a week and I met up with them every evening. Had work EVERY DAY even on weekends. But I met them anyway. Every hour/minute with sister is precious. 

because she's left, Im once again reminded that I am without family at this moment and that sucks especially at Christmas, when family time is significant.

Despite the little time we had to hang out, every hour was filled with laughter. lots of updating and sisterly humour. these times Im reminded of how despite we are 8 years apart, we are pretty close.
Funny thing is Im not sure why. We used to quarrel alot when we were young and somehow everything fell into place when we grew up.

Yap. love her to bits. Her leaving sydney today was about the saddest thing Ive felt the entire year. And its heartwrenchingly sad. Everytime I think about it, I can actually tear. And its not even the time of the month.

I guess this brings to mind that lesson that one should always cherish their siblings. They are the only ones in the family who would be closer to your age and know what its like to grew up under the same household with the same parents.

Its a pity that in my immediate family, we never grew up learning how to say, "I love you" and I miss you" and give hugs etc. To me, that is my family's biggest loss.

Because its so hard to say and do all this, doing it actually feels like Im breaking a dam of emotions and I know that I might just cry...

My eyes are red now..

Cherish your siblings...

God Bless

No comments: