Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bye...

My auntie passed away yesterday...

Got the news during lunch time and I thought I could hold my tears..until I saw that my last facebook status, "the biggest failure in life is not being able to say "i love you" face to face to those you love, especially family members... She liked the facebook status that morning...
It may seem like a trivial thing but her liking that comment broke me down like a ton of bricks....

Some of you dont understand that my family has a knack for holding grudges and not expressing their love and appreciation outrightly. Saying " I Love You" almost seems like something we say when we have to say goodbye.... That should never be the case.

Thanks Gu for being my auntie, my strict tutor, my Godma (The one I looked the most alike), my gentle reproofing voice that I actually heeded when both my parents couldnt get to me, thanks for being the one who brought classical music into my life even though I never learnt piano from you. Even now, hearing the piano playing classical music gives me peace.... Thanks for looking after Mama even though you werent very comfortable with it, thanks for keeping the family together or even continually trying... Thanks for being the "mum" us cousins always had..even though you never had your own kids...You looked after every single one of us cousins. Thanks for being you...

I will always remember you and your strength... I Love You...


No comments: