Sunday, May 12, 2013

Holding on to faith

It truly is hard...

I cant imagine how those of that age could hold so fast onto what they heard and believe in miracles and healing..to the point that they would travel the distance to seek Jesus out.

And knowing that it would have been impossible to know where Jesus and the disciples were and when, it would most probably have been a common issue to have reached a place and realized that they just left yesterday morning...

Maybe for alot of them, seeking Jesus for his healing would have been the last resort? because all other medications or methods didnt help? Or somehow, some of them heard so much that they had a GUT feeling that Jesus was the answer.

And when I say "was" I should be saying.. "is"

For a world that has the internet and TV footage, youtube, etc..yet our world has so little faith and so much scepticism on miracles.

Yet so many of us are still desperate for "healing" or the "answer" to our problems...

Why cant we believe?

My faith in God is small like a mustard seed. And these few days, my inner self battles against the common world saying miracles dont happen... But in my I know God doesnt change.

And given the comment, "you should be more realistic" My common self may have the tendency to want to agree but...what is reality?

Isnt reality what we know to be real? Isnt it then a relative term? defined by popularity?

What is real? Is it what can be proven? Then how are miracles not reality? If they do happen?

If time was any less long or short..would that make a miracle less probable?

What is truth and what is fact. Isnt even fact a relative thing due to popular belief? Until proven wrong?

Wasnt it a fact long ago that the world was flat?

I believe my God, my Heavenly Father. I believe Jesus Christ took my sins away via His death and Resurrection.

While I cant explain it in words and while my mind may choose to wonder and go "what if' "what if", I choose to stand strong and repeat my belief because that is my last choice.

GOd Bless

No comments: