Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Full Circle...

So since my last post which was on saturday morning, I'd gone to Esplanade for a school concert and inte h midst of preparing my students, the piano instructor who teaches them, comes up to me and asks if I was related to my auntie...

somehow, that mere question was enough to get me red eyed....

She was my auntie's student and she never knew that my auntie had passed away... she couldnt figure out why my auntie had not even mentioned her sickness to her.

we stood hugging and crying for a few minutes...

truly I am sad that my auntie had passed away so early in her life. She was an amazing auntie and now I also know that she was an amazing piano teacher. I am filled with pride and sadness. she could have been one of our audience members.

I walked back into my dressing room and cried....

As I said, these 2 concerts are for her...

to think that these students are my own auntie's student's students.

Also turns out that the piano instructor's student is my SSO fellow intern, Pei Yee. Too small a world really....

I also got the chance to say hi to the SSO gang since they were within the same premises. it was their 35th anniversary concert.

The sunday concert was also a chance to see familiar faces. The band alumni which I worked with were there. Adrian the conductor was an SSO friend too...

Lord, I know how everything I have gone through does come full circle...And looking at everything now, all of it was a learning experience. and no matter how bad things were, everything is now a blessing.

God Bless

No comments: