Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pride

Had dinner with some of my ex-students.

When i say students, it doesn't really mean that I taught them. If anything at all, I just assisted them or guided them in their club stuff.

But just seeing them talk excitedly about their poly days and how they wanna work together again to do something big, made me swell with pride.

I guess this is one of my work satisfactions.

I remember how some of these "kids" wrote me amazing letters/good bye messages when i left for Australia. These same messages that made me cry on the plane.

I never knew how or why I gained that much love/appreciation from them though but whatever it is, I will owe it to God's favour on me, through me.

Anyway seeing their faces again, sharing hugs, seeing them grown up has reminded me of whammy job should be. guiding the juniors. Not just be a grumpy fart in the office…

Anyway in the next few hours, I will be into my first 2 concerts since back in SP. student club concerts.

They are both classical music concerts and to me these concerts have things that have come full circle to me in the last 3 years. For starters, i used to love listening to my sister play the piano. My auntie taught piano and when I stayed at her place, Id hear the piano playing every day. One of the pieces that will be played today is a piece that I will always associate with my life in Aus. Rachmaninov's Piano concerto 2 which was used in my 2nd year production, Red Mountain.

I guess what Im trying to say is, nothing that we do/experience will ever disappear totally, they will always come back full circle and appear in something important in your life.

The 2nd concert was one that I had performed in, hosted in before. The pieces in there are quite familiar to me as well.

These 2 concerts I dedicate to my auntie. The same piano loving auntie who's livelihood was the piano music and who passed away last year. I wasn't there to say goodbye face to face. Love you Gugu...

God Bless

No comments: