Monday, March 30, 2015

I will cry...

will i cry for you sir?
and if i do, how many tears will flow?
how much do you mean to me?
to Singapore?
the things you've done for our nation,
the value of those things,
the sweat, tears, words of motivation.
what does that amount?

all that You've given to this island.
a teen amongst the nations older.
yet
the controversies that spin around like the black widow's web.
trying ever, ever trying to tarnish those white uniforms.

minus that from the whole of your works.
Will that make me cry for you sir?
Will that make my tears flow like the others next to me?

....Maybe i will
....i will
i will cry for you.
for your works, your sacrifice
you made this nation a worthy home.
I learnt that, whilst away from home.

but more so...
because you are but a human
who took the hardest tasks of believing
who still went home to a family of 5 after
after working for the family of millions tirelessly
who guided this lion cub with an iron fist connected to an understanding heart
who loved, loved your kids and wife with a tender invisible touch..

I will cry Sir
Cry as I say farewell
tears of joy for your release
tears of sadness for our lose
tears of gratitude for your tireless service
and tears of regret for not understanding till now
~~~

Thank you Mr Lee


No comments: