Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rain

Had a friend send me this..isnt the 1st time but this time it rings because it means more to me...

Its an analogy abt God and how He loves us.
Rain falling is like us sinning, the wind shield wipers are like Jesus washing us of our sins...And when the rain keeps pouring, it means we keep sinning...but guess what! Jesus keeps washing our sins away.

I used to think that being loved by God was somehitng I had to earn..something that required millions of good deeds to earn his favour...but the actual fact and wonderful fact is....no matter how we use good deeds to clear our sin, it doesnt work...so it hit me how hard it was.....I think I gave up after awhile..thinking about how fake it would be to drag myself to do things just to please God...I wasnt using my heart...I was following a rule....
But guess what, I realize now that no matter how heavy the rain pours...God still wipes it off! Not cause we've applied RainX to our car windows..or we've been angels...but because He loves us! Simple...no terms and conditions, no strings attached. He made us and He loves us, even when we can be mean and vulgar and bitchy...so unlike what He wants...
I can imagine Him, shaking His head everytime we do something wrong..yet..his heart is soft and in that crooked disagreeing lips of His, is a small "what am I gonna do with you my child" smile.....
Thats about the same thing as when the people we love, do something wrong and much as you are angry or dissappointed...you cant bare to leave them...you still love them and care for them.
And amazing thing abt dissappointment and anger...towards people sorta means you care. If you didnt, how would you even be able to conjure up any feeling?

Im in the office now..work work work...times have been tough..but the tougher days were during the musical...that was nasty.... Now, Im gettng the hang of things....Soo many things I wanna do but procedure makes me take small steps...thats how it is w all organisations so what can I say.

From the apprehension I had intially....Im not energized byt he things Im hoping to do..and guess what! Im actually very happy to work with students etc! :)

Got an office now, got pictures around...

God, you are my father...my heavenly father..Im am never too discouraged by anything because you are there for me! Thank you Jesus for bringing me back to our Father's place.

God Bless

No comments: