Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fight your fears! Swim!

Had my 1st swim class last thur! Normally Id be abit kancheong and hesitant when it comes down to trying new stuff but so far I havnt backed out.

Was sooo nervous on thur! Like how are allt he other waterbabies gonna see me (20+ tall broad shouldered woman trying to learn how to swim from a small pint-size pixie) Hows my instructor gonna see me? Alas the 1st class was cool!
Yes Im still ont he shallow end but Im trying! can float abit...cant kick to get anywhere though...

Cant wait for my next class! This thur! Everyone Ive told (abt my fear of water int he past) has asked me if i shower...OF COURSE LAH DAMMIT! That was last time! Everyone Ive told abt me taking swimming lessons...hae replied with a common reply," u cant swim!?!"

My aim of swimming still seems abit far because I still dont think i can survive in the deep end...as my sis said...no buoyancy..Im inclined to think teh same of myself at times but I'll persist! I'll persist so that I can enjoy the plays of the sea and and seemingly clean body of water at least.

1 more step for Ning!

Did I also mention swimming is also a full body workout?

My colleagues have also gone into a frenzy of doing sports..not to mention the new member into the family..Jacob....We're gonna do rock climbing, rollerblading, swimming, abseiling..etc! Wohoo!

I feel sportier! Look out Tao Li! Look out Phelps! Muahahah

God Bless

No comments: