Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bleap BLEAP bleap! Pizza Hut taught me a lesson...

Rushed home for swimming lessons at home. before i left the house, my dad decided to call for a pizza...

I came home expecting to see a pizza but it wasnt there...I showered and came out hoping to see a pizza...it wasnt there...

So what my mum cud have done which was to call pizza hut..15mins ago...she didnt...And the moment I came out, she kept asking me to call them. Maybe she's scared to call, maybe she just doesnt wanna be the one doing it, maybe she feels someoneelse should be responsible for it and not her...I prefer to think the former one is the real answer...technophobia...

Why I think so? Coz despite having a handphone, she makes me call pple and she asks me for people's numbers...I have a feeling she doesnt really know how to use her phone....despite having it for 2 or more years...
Also despite having a watch..which she instantly takes off when she reaches home, she keeps asking me for the time.
Technophobia...

In my opinion..she also thinks that alot of things can simply be solved by"piling them up nicely" which I so definitely beg to differ.....in fact she says that when she wants me to do something...or feels I should have done something. "just pile nicely then it wont drop lah!" Aside from that she complains abt alot of things but never does anything to solve it...this is for things that are not housework based because the 1 thing I admit she is good in..is she helps us witht he housework..smething I admit Ive been pampered by. So what she comes across as not something she is used to doing daily...she find difficulty in it.
Did I also mention that she asks questions before she starts thinking of an answer? Something along the lines of...seeing me walking out of the main door and asking me, "you going out huh?"
Those "DUH" moments. Not stating her real life eg...just something that shows you what i mean.

Hence I diagnose...technophobia

As for my dad who made the order...I dont have much to say...my dad has his problems and i cant blame him for wat i myself cant overcome. Im trying hard not to feel a slight hostlity when he comes near. Im trying and God will help me.

And back to my main topic. What I learnt from this experience is how flawed my parents can be and how anal I am abt it. Im calling myself anal because I know its my fault...
But going back to my anal opinion...I felt that with all the time my parents have lived and heard instead of listened...they've grown up getting abit deaf. Im not saying this with any exaggeration. Indeed my dad is abit deaf but due to his cancer..and my mum..has become abit deaf too. dont know why but she herself acknowledges it..yet both dont do anything abt it...not in denial but in acceptance.

And yet...they dog us(sis and I) around for a million things that they themselves dont practice..which makes me the anal daughter I am.

I know that at this point, my relative who even reads this...deems me the unfilial daughter but quite honestly....Im not proud of what Im saying....nor do I feel its right for me being anal...

What I truly wanna learn from this lesson...is get myself used to them and being able to tolerate them and not turn nasty or impatient..and in the long run...preventing myself from becoming like them...physically or mentally or psychologically.

I admit..my family is not the best family..in fact its so flawed thatteh only thing that would ahev kept me good...is my relatives, my religion and the fact that they are still married.
If u ask me if them keeping their marriage together is good..it is good because any kid would mentally pretend their family works...idealism...self assurance or just plain.."we are one happy family"

Its a gray line....life is a mess of grey lines.

God Bless

No comments: