Monday, September 08, 2008

Dang it!


The horrors of a pic like that that shows my muscular side. DANG! Loads of thanks to the sound guys knowing their not exactly very satisfied w the long wait. Thanks guys..if you even bother to read this hahah betcha wudnt.

So the event went well....with eugene getting a mini fan club. he's even got a stalker! They remember his name! By the end fot he 2nd day, Alia and eugene improved alot. A Greyscale theory also did very well :) Kudos to their performance that brought smiles to the dmat students faces for good reasons.

I for one am proud and possibly envious of eugene and alia. :) They got media coverage, photos, got blogged abt and etc. Im really proud that they tried so hard even though somestimes its abit frustrating. Comperes always have the tendancy to ramble off..no matter how quiet we are.

Im glad my advice I gave helped..maybe a little..after all everything else is dependent on whether they take the advice. I feel like I wanna teach them all Ive learnt but its quite hard to put it into words at times...

Anyway the event ended well. ;) Thats what an event should be.Thast how every emcee should feel at the end of the event. Thats what I miss now..I miss it loads....

Sat, had my sign language class... takes 2 lessons to finish the 1st level and we ended class w a silent graduation. Our "cher" spelt out our names using sign language and we all walked up, received our cert and signed "thank you"
Seems quite boring but its quite an interesting experience. Arent you curious to find out how hands can speak thru signs? When you watch someone sign, you will notice how much body language and facila expression is put into all they say and hte more excited they are the faster they sign. So imagine someone with an excited expression and his hands running off like a freight train...wudnt you wanna know what he's saying?

Plus, really wanna use it for my students..comperes at least..I feel its useful. really... Is so hard to give cues when you they cant read your lips..or hear what ur saying. sign language enables you to get he msg despite the distance.

This has spured me on to learn more. :)

You despite all this knowledge I think I have...I still feel liek i cant make it in the compereing world...sigh..maybe I should eb the platform to lift my students up..despite my own inabilities

:)

God Bless


No comments: