Friday, May 22, 2009

Centurion

So the CCA showcase was smoother than the others Ive done but it had its glitches. Think I'm getting very tired with this...my relationship with the sound guys are still okay so I really hope to keep it that way.

My granny has been having a rough time these days coz she's been in the hospital. 2-3 times she's had heart problems through the stay but she got through.
My faith stands that she has recovered. Dont ask me why I believe so or how I believe so. I just believe that she will recover.
God doesnt play with lives. Satan does and I know very well that Satan is hte coz of all this because he knows how things would go if my grandma dies.
Well, I put my feet down and I claim her recovery because I know my God's will is never death.
As I flipped open my bible on the 1st day of her warding, I landed on Matthew and Jesus with the Centurion.
Here's the few things I noted from this story and this is my personal reflection..
- Centurion was a Roman with abt 100 roman soldiers under his lead and with a commandor over him. He probably didnt grow up under the jewish religion but grew up with A whole encyclopedia of major and minor gods.
- Jesus grew up as a human, is a jew and went around doing miracles in Capernaum when the centurion came to Him. By that time, Jesus was so well-known that the centurion would have heard of Him but not heard of the Jewish laws and regulations
- As His servant was sick, the Centurion did not consult his other gods but went to Jesus to request for help. Maybe He realized that his other gods didnt answer prayers and saw that Jesus is willing to heal anyone who was willing to believe and ask Him for help.
- So the centurion or sent men to go to Jesus and Jesus immediately said " I will go to heal him" But the centurion said that all Jesus had to do was say and he would be healed. Which is a very brave step for anyone esp someone who didnt know the whole history of the coming Saviour.
- This particular incident is akind to any current incident of us prayer for the people we love. On their behalf, we go to Jesus to ask for healing and Jesus answer is " I will go" and " Go! As you have believed, it will be so" How powerful those words. How powerful is Jesus that He can heal people with a single word. In fact in Luke, it didnt even mention Jesus say "Go!" It said that Jesus only spoke to the crowd around Him.
- The servant was healed that very hour despite how he was so sick that he was on the verge of death.

I find so much comfort in this story and Im holding on to this story as the proof that my grandma will be healed and is healing.

Did you realize that the centurion never said anything to qualify himself for hte blessings? In Book of Luke it says that the elders of the jews that the Centurion sent before him, were the ones who tried to qualify the centurion. In fact, the centurion felt so unfit to go to Him that he sent men to speak to Jesus (According to Luke) He didnt do anything, didnt say anything. he just asked for a word. Simple question. Also notice that Jesus was a human so He wasnt omni-present. He physically walked to places to heal most of the times. Yet despite the distance, the servant was healed.
And this is 1 of the rare times that Jesus was not physically with the sick that the sick got healed.
The other incident happened (in Book of John) when a royal official asked Him to heal his son.

Never once did Jesus refuse to heal. Jesus even resurrected the dead and healed those who were close to dying.

The best part of it all is....Jesus now lives as our high priest. The Holy Spirit lives in us and can work miracles, healings and blessings through the Holy Spirit. We dont have to go physically to Jesus to get Him to heal us. The Holy Spirit in us helps us with prayers to the Father straight. We're talking abt Direct Satellite/Cable/No need for transfering to an operator. We dont even need an interpretor/translator.
My God is good! :)

God Bless!

No comments: