Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The lack of music background

So I was around Moberly and in a certain time, I had 3 groups of students practicing for cca showcase.

I guess its me pulling them in to perform and stuff and I feel bad at times.. Haiz..

Point is...all 3 groups had their problems. Singing, performing or corodinating wise. And while I sit by and try to listen out or try to pick out problems...half of me wonders if Im being too picky and making problems out of no problems. I guess being the bigger/older person in the room...they listen to me and my opinions but ...exactly how right/wrong am I.

I checked out the SPG rehearsals and picked out a few things but I found it soo hard to put my finger on exactly what the prob was. I'm not even close to deciphering the level of treble, bass and etc that YQ or Phey Yoong does when they listen!
Pretty much all I did through the SPG rehearsal..was pick on the vocals. the most obvious thing...while YQ or Phey Yoong (if they were there..) would check the other sound quality stuff.

And the bands think Im fierce...how?

After seeing all these bands and talented blood...i wondered...how good it would be to be a student again. Was telling 2 of htem how I was like when I was studying in SP. Wear big shirt and beach shorts...slippers...wore lanyard on wrist or stuffed the card holder in my pocket but left the lanyard part to hang out & swing around.

The more I see kids these days..the more I either feel that Im very fortunate or that Im very untalented. I come to a conclusion that if being with "kids" doesnt make u humblier 1 way or the other..then u are the 1 w the problem.
God's way of saying..."time to grow up"

for the next 3 days..it will be hell again. this time its nearer to the office. I am going to crawl into bed soon and pray for a good blessed day of sunshine and smooth sailing performances tomorrow. God is my Father and Jesus my Saviour and Holy Spirit my inner guide. :)
I sorta wished that I could literally hear God speak to me coz that would be ubber cool and I wouldnt have to be thinking "wah?" all the time. Of course..Bible says that God's voice is loud and thunderous..probably not possible for a mere man to hear. Could burst his eardrums and make him deaf? ..mmmm dunno.
But how magical it would be to have Jesus call you and say " u of little faith...why u worry?"
Better yet! Jesus doing it in singlish " why u so kiasu? Eng Eng Qeng Qeng Wu Se Gan Worry ah!" Or " Dont worry lah. If God with you, you worry wat?" *imagine Puah Chu Kang accent*

Yep!!! Best would be, " Ning..ning. am I not here to help you? Ask..just ask."

AMEN!

Gotta sleep or panda will work on my behalf.

God Bless!

No comments: