Saturday, July 02, 2011

Last Day before leaving for Singapore

I guess you could count this as a reflection for the past half year. or 5 months to be exact. I think I did good. I think I survived well and Im proud of myself.
Just moved my stuff into my new house and its alot cheaper than what im paying now. However, Il need to get my own furniture. Thank God for Vanessa who is giving me her bed frame. Thank God for my classamtes who offer soo much to me. I do feel very privileged :)Cant wait to meet family and friends again :)The past few weeks have been tiring. its a good tired though. got my prompt copy assignment back and i did well. production was an experience that was so fruitful that even negativity of any kind was counted as good.I know i havnt been the smartest and fastest one on the block but I did try.On the closing day, we have a tradition to give presents to each other and I got a very nice present from my Lx Head and Lx designer. It made me feel like I had done well as a Lx Asst and I really do hope so.I know ive learnt the ins and outs of how to go about getting stuff. about different lights. Gel colours, how to patch up the dimmers. Do followspotting, focus lamps, fire retard curtains, operate the ULs, use the harness on the grid etc.

An equally important thing Ive learnt is not to let my emotions get the better of my work. Not that im emotional. Just overly concerned with how others view me. That isnt how God wants me to work and I know I shouldnt be that way.
This is truly my first production and throughout whatever trials, I still did enjoy it :)
Cant wait to hit Singapore tomorrow evening :)
God Bless

No comments: