Sunday, July 24, 2011

1st ASM duty...terrifying

So just finished an event nad my duty was ASMing. It is truly terrifying. I really did dread it and I really did feel like I failed. I felt like my classmates judge me as well. And all that in my head. I know its not safe to think that all that "behind my back" jibber jabber was going on but letting it get to me would put me back int eh pits of depression really soon and to survive this course, I have to stay afloat..above depression. I guess my only solution is to believe that God will keep me in favour...no matter what others say.

Anyway updates on life. Just fixed up my table and chair. On my own yah. Its ane asy DIY but I take pride in it. Rushing Prompt Copy and Arts & Ideas assignment today nad I feel like I can make it :) Not my favourite state to be in but I know God has given me enough strength to power through this week and next and next next.

Since coming back from Singapore. I have learnt a few things about being an intl student. And reason why Im writing this down..is because I know that someday Im gonna need to reflect on this for my own intl students...
1) you will still feel sad, cry on your 2nd, 3rd time leaving home.
2) When u come back to where u study...it is an awesome feeling to have someone to welcome u back and help you to acclaimatize to your study life again. Esp if u are just moving back into an unfamiliar house
3) It is very worthwhile and reassuring to have housemates that you can click with because aside from homework, they will be ur 1st source of encouragement and entertainment and company
4) No matter how long u've been there, you always need to be the 1st to make a move and make friends especially if ur very different from the locals
5) Never let ur mindset that locals treat foreigners differently, hinder ur objectiveness and approachability to them. Also never let that mindset affect how u view the locals daily response to u.

k gonna have lunch now.

God Bless!

2 comments:

e.d.h said...

Word.......

Anonymous said...

Those 5 things are very true! Being an international student can really push us beyond to some extent that we have never imagined before..


Eric :)