Monday, October 22, 2012

Hmm

Ever felt like that reason why people communicate with you is because they need to?
Feeling that way now. Somehow, today has been a difficult day because nobody seems to be answering to my smses..getting frustrating..

Or even in normal school days..nobody seems to be coming up to say hi and hows it going. Okay a few of them do.

But everyoneelse seems to be speaking to me when its needed or when I say hi.

Honestly..I wonder if its because I look serious, or am an introvert or in reality Im not a nice person to be friends with. Or are we all just colleagues to each other?

Times like these I wonder if its because Im not local? And its quite ridiculous to think that that would be the reason anymore because Ive been here for 2 years... Should have assimilated into the aussie culture by now.

Do I come across as someone who doesnt like making friends? Who doesnt like company? etc?Do I seem like a serious introvert? Because if so..I need to change that.

Point is, I dont know if its me or people or culture or something.

And what I also wonder..is whether any of my international students feel leftout by the locals...albeit there are more intl students in SP than my school but do they feel that way in their own classes? If so..I hope they are doing okay...

God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Locals always think that they are somewhat better than us. Because in their minds we are still outsiders no matter how kind or how good we are. This happens in Singapore too, and that's why normally international students prefer to hang around with other international students (and not with their classmates) whether it is in the int'l students club or in the campus.

Culture difference might be true as well, for example, we might not enjoy high-frequency clubbing activities as much as the locals. But of course it is okay to not to force ourselves to follow other cultures.

And you are right to say that people will only communicate to you only when they need. But sadly, this happens almost all the time. Even with close friends, sometimes we will only contact them when we need them. We might be too busy on our normal days to contact our friends just to keep in touch with them without any "need".. :(