Sunday, October 05, 2008

make up for lost time

i had such a revelation during today's church service. Sooo much was learnt! The best thing abt the bible is that regardless of the diff in time..teh writers still said teh same things in their different books. For those that dont know, the bible is made up of different books written by differnt people. dating from the start of earth till years years years later..books by the diff apostles before, during and after Jesus died.

Todays sermon was the signs of armagedon. How the 4 horsemen who will cause chaos int he land are alined with how the tribes of the children of israel set camp around the temple of god while they wondered int he wilderness.
And how the standards (flags) of hte diff tribes are alined with the different face/characters of God and how these standards all represent Jesus and Jesus is the conqueror of all the horsemen, hence conqueror of all our troubles, hence whoever believes in Jesus and has Jesus in the midst of him (like how the temple of God was in the middle of the tribes...) would never have to fear of oncoming troubles, but sit at the table of rest that God has prepared for us and watch Jesus defeat our enemies one by one.

So enriching! I have soo many christian friends from diff denominations and somehow I felt that if they weere there w me, they would see a wonderful side of Jesus that they have never met before. How can u deny this message when it shows evidence in the old and new testement? How can you deny christianity when even achealogical evidence shows that it exists!

Im not upset...Im just to blessed by today's message that I wished I cud speak it out to others! I walked out fo church full with happiness and gladness and belief that my God is alive, watchign over me and keeping guard over me!

Another things Iw anted to share..is a personal revelation. Dated back during my leadership training camp...we had to jump off this tree branch into the water. It seemed sooo easy but when I got on it, I shook...I was soo scared and I really had half the mind to get off but I pushed myself. It only helps alittle knowing that I wont drown because the water is shallow or that I had pple watchign me...the prob was taking the step. the prob was jumping..was jumping and fearing that Id lose my balance and end up *in the weirdest way possible* breaking something something. wat if wat if wat if?!?!?!
I jumped anyway...for a sec, abandoning the fear and throwing myself into the water and as I went down, "wth! stop! no!"
As I look on things I plan to do or want to do...I have the exact same fear..the leg softening, heart thumping fear and the absolute hesitance of not doing it because its more convenient...
Im glad I didnt give up. im glad I jumped again...to conquer my fear another time. Indeed I was still scared on the 2nd try....same goes for abseiling and rock climbing...maybe nervous or scared.

I guess in all this, Im more determined to enjoy life and not let myself be dorwned by worries at work or devils cunning ways of psychoing me into being self condemning. I want to get my life back from him and put it in God's hands.

Lastly...as I heard today's msg I was happy of the security that I have inherited as God's child..and of how wonderful heaven could be. But I was abit scared thinking of how my non christian friends would be. Its daunting and grim but its true.
I want soo much toget them saved...to let them know how loving a God we have. Note: WE! meaning even those of you who are unsaved..have a God..the same God...only thing is to acknowledge and believe in Him...

So I extend this invitation to all! I want to bring you to my God. It takes very little to step into the church to hear but hear with an open heart. No strings attached.
You wont know how happy God will be to see you at church and if you really listen on that 1 session at church....that will be all that takes to change your mind. I believe that my God can cure the sick so he can definitely do change your heart within seconds. If by the 1st session and your not convinced..then you dont have to come again if you dont want to.
I wont force you a second time. I wont force you to go again and again. its your choice but I will speak fo God to you again..not to persuade you or bug you...but because I feel happy speaking abt Him and I want to share that with you!

:) My God is an awesome God! Jesus is beautiful!

God Bless!

No comments: