Friday, October 01, 2010

Childrens Day, Stephen's Bdae, Day before Ian goes off

Today is truly a very special day. We start with it being children's day, then the day that Stephen was born and also the day before Ian leaves for UK. So much meaning in 1 day.

Speaking of Children's day, whoever said that Children's day was only meant for kids? Take Mother's Day for example, it's meant for every mother out there. Which often includes Grandmothers right. Because Grandmothers are mothers in our mum's eyes.
Yet for Children's day, it seems that only the kids get it. I guess the word "children" in Children's Day is used more as a collective term for young people who are in primary school and below; as opposed to people who are sons and daughters of others. Because in my grandmother's eyes, my mum is still her daughter, IE: her child.
SOOOooo I firmly believe that Children's day is meant for young and old who are still children of others older.

That said, it also means that Grandparents day is just an extra day aside from Father's Day & Mother's Day for the older generation to feel appreciated..afterall, them being hte oldest generation alive, can't really celebrate Children's Day can they.

After all that consideration...I sorta made a decision to enforce the better meaning of Children's Day to my next generation. Should I have 1 of course. :)

Heres another birthday wish to Stephen, my much loved, much blessed brother. A shy but very smart guy who is mostly into his tv shows, games and puzzles but when he talks, he always makes people laugh. I mean it in a good way. :D
He's awfully quiet but inside him is alot of love and wisdom! :)
Happy Birthday bro!!! Many more memories in years to come! Love you loads. Thanks for all the love a brother can give.

Another brother of mine who's leaving Spore tomorrow, incidentally a twin of Stephen and also a much loved and much blessed bro of mine, Ian. I never fail to be amazed at how all 3 of us could haphazardly meet and become friends and siblings.
Ian is the noisiest of us all. Incredibly smart (like stephen), abit too vocal for his good, but tries to get away with it like how Puss In Boots would in Shrek.

He & Stephen are the closest of brothers and I must admit that its enduring to see both of them that united. They're practically psychic lah! They make the best team!
I must say that while I dont get to hang out with them much, nor do I express my worries about them...I am proud of them. Not just of what they've accomplished individually, but just proud of them for the people they are. Their character, their bond with each other...yeah just them. Just proud of them :)

Anyway, Ian's going off tomorrow and maybe its that and stephen's birthday and my pending further studies that causes me to think about my bunch of bros & sistas. (Francine included) that makes me more sentimental? hahahaha Im giving thanks to God for them k. And I know i wanna do this coz I was born with a very foul mouth (minus the vulgarities). I speak too many negativity that I dont even know how to compliment at times. Its bad when we cant even say good things to those you care about to compliment & encourage them.

So there!

Times like these that i know how fortunate I am. No matter how people can blame their origin, their parents, their grandparents etc...one thing they can always do to even teh odds, is to open their eyes to the blessings they have around them in the present times. :)

God Bless!

No comments: