Saturday, October 22, 2011

:) got me smiling

I dont normally post titles to productions but I had to for this one. Last Days of Judas Iscariot.

Its a school production. I went in thinking that this production would probably cause me to stir in questions in God's defence. I heard that it was gonna be vulgar with numerous "fuck"s and etc but it wasnt how I expected.

On the contrary, I left the venue feeling more love for God.

In the midst of my depression, this performance reminded me of how much God loves me. In fact, it was just a simple thing Satan said. (the acting Satan) and how he was proclaiming that God loved every thing. And it was interesting how Satan would be the one who said that. Well the stage Satan at least. But that didnt stop me from having a revelation.

That no matter how Satan is against God, he knows very well that God loves everyone. And that included me.

Despite how this story isnt really biblical...it still spoke so much to me. It asnt how I would see as defaming God because it contained defence for Judas...but it was actually in a basic level, defending God.

The best bit...was when Jesus (acting Jesus) came out and spoke to Judas, saying that He loved him. No matter how Judas refused...eventually, Jesus came out again to wash Judas's feet.

I wont say that I agree all of Judas's arguements but I do believe that he eventually got saved.

I just think this show was put at the right time when I started labelling myself a terrible asm. I know its not actually so, but I put sooo much blame on myself that it felt so true.

To watch this production now reminded me of His love that I forgot. Because I havnt been in tuned to it for so long.

Im so glad that my God is a merciful God and a God who doesnt look at merits. Because if he did, none of us would be able to get to heaven.

Ive got 3 more runs and I intend to work all of htem with God's grace and power. Im not gonna worry.

This renewed love I feel for God is the only thing that is motivating me to learn more about Him again. To read more about Him and listen to more of His word. As opposed to sinking back into normal life.

I cant describe it to non-christians well. I can only say that this love I feel is a love I dont deserve but rushs through my body, starting fromt eh inside out, making me tear or smile. It tunes my mind to think more of Him. There is a warmth inside that made me wanna think about Him and absorb the revelation He gave me through this production.

Why I say this production was for me, is beause it came at the right time. Im sure He is using it to stir other people's hearts as well and thinking about that makes me feel happy. Just happy. Dont know why but I do. Mybae thats what God's love does. It makes us feel things we like but can't explain. And as we learn about Him, we slowly understand why we feel this way and rejoice in it being given for free.

After this production, I feel that its true that Judas felt so much remorse for his doing that he felt that he couldnt even seek Jesus forgiveness or God's forgiveness. Or maybe he felt that he had ended all good in the world by betraying Jesus and that dying would be better than what would happen to the world. But knowing God, before Judas took his last breathe, God would have spoken to him and explained it to him and asked him to come back to Him. Judas believed in God and loved Him and once we are a part of God, we are a  part of God.

Im happy now :)

God Bless!

No comments: