Saturday, March 31, 2012

End of my favourite production so far...

So the past week has been a wonderful one.

Spent almost he entire week doing sound. Including putting put up the entire sound system that includes 3 mixers, Roland V-mixer, Yamaha LS9, Spirit M8 and a small Behringer for video recording. 17 live mics in the venue, loads of feedback and loads of sound effects aka Folly.

Loved the week! Loved the production. It was frustrating at times, especially when we get feedback... but I loved solving sound related questions..eg:
Qn:How is it the microphone picks up the sound of people stepping not he rostra when its not even pointed at it? And: The mic was stuck tot eh rostra with tap and hence any form of vibration from the rostra was directly sent to the mic.
Ans: How come the 2nd mic, couldn't pick up the same sound as the 1st mic when all levels are the same, the 1st mic had a wider scope of pick up as opposed to the shotgun mic...

etc...its not rocket science but having been able to realise the answer myself, was truly satisfying!

I wished Wandi, Ian and Stephen could be there for my event. although I don't know if I could perform to the best of the show...but it would have been wonderful for them to see what I have done.

But putting it there, I wasn't the only one who worked on it. Ron and Jed were there to guide Aaron and I. Im thankful they were there to guide us and it was wonderful asking them questions and learning tricks of the trade. Also not to mention Felix who showed me the enthusiasm in sound. The many 1 minute lessons I learnt from him was good. e.g.: DI boxes from laptop to mixer, grounding pin, cooling cables etc.. And explaining to me the terminologies etc

I really really hope that I will get to do more and more sound stuff... Time is limited!

God Bless

No comments: