Monday, December 11, 2006

The best camp....comes when the heart is put in...

B4 I start on my topic...Im glad to say that the long awaited (1yr and 2 months lng) photos of my birthday in JB..are up! MUahahahaha Thank you edwin & saad! Come to think of it...one of them is possibly leaving spore for good and I havnt been a very gd sister to him coz I keep getting pissed off with him! Haizzz..sorry bro... I also do realize that im losing a church partner...double haiz....Well bro...for the last time...stop smoking lah! Im not gonna be around to tell you that k but I hope in that way..you know I care... I finally know how my mum feels...hehehe

Moving on....and honestly..im alone in the office coz of this. was supposed to be gone for tuition by now but I really needed to blog this down...its worth 20 pages and because of this..my day started very well...

for the whole weekend, I was at a camp...ISC's leadership camp...I know Ive blogged a thousand times that I had no idea on why I was put with ISC but while I had that thought...I was also very very excited and ready to do alot of stuff for them. Maybe its coz I learnt to love them and realize how much potential they have to show people what they've got...maybe its coz my ex was the president of this group and I stupidly made it a personal resolution to bring them up to the next level...maybe its both. But while I was at the camp...at one point waiting for the lift...I prayed to God for that few mins..that He would look after them all...after my "kids"
I guess once I start to care..its hard to turn off...
I thanked God for putting me in this club...I thanked God for putting soo many things in my life that made me who I am and gave me the drive to look after this club. Note that its not the other way around yah. I thanked God for giving me my ex...that I would see malaysians or even indians in a different and more objective light than others..and realize how valuable individuality could be.
The club memebers have worked so hard for this camp and always hand in hand...I feel soooo proud for them and raise them in all respect (fist to chest) They even came up with an original game that blew me away on the 1st idea. I think at that point..my eyes lit up...
By the end of the camp...we had our sharing sessions...I made my homemade postcards and gave each memeber 4-5 sheets..I instructed them to write it to anyone in the camp whom they thought...meant alot to them. To be honest...In the back of my head...I thought of whether anyone would give me a card int he end...that lasted for a few seconds and I didnt let that thought reach my heart...coz I shoved it away. But as I instructed them...I wanted to tell them not to write any to me but I thought it would be to cocky or proud of me, so I didnt"
While we exchanged cards, we sang,"pass it on" the single song that warmed my heart as we sang because I know God has sooo much to do with this camp!
Through the camp, I wondered if God would have me spread His word to ISC...an interesting and difficult task. But as we sang..I realized that He is doing it already! Pass it on is a christian song! He kept all my members safe even in dangerous situations...Oh How I Love Him!
In our sharing session when everybody shared their views of the camp...I almost cried...because I was soo proud of them..I had utmost respect for them esp the president...and I was int he midst of my motto and in the midst of talent.
I told them my "hands to clap" theory and how they were creative, resourceful, giving and patient people....
What touched me most...was that they would actually include me in their already scare number of cards...and they would even respect me...me! I dont wanna be proud...coz I dont want to belittle..so Im staying away from that. All I can say is...I will try my best to prove to all the international students that with ISC, you DEFINITELY will not be alone... AMEN! By God's grace, AMEN!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ning...
thankew for putting up this in your blog!! i tink it was a great motivation for whoever are reading it! this is my first time reading other ppl blog! im serious! and first time write a comment to a blog. u hav to be proud to received this! dun worry! god will always by your side, looking after ISC and u! with your support and motivation to everyone (ISCans), for sure we can see a better , brighter and stronger ISC in the future!! hope u can enjoy yrself to maximum while u be with us! with us, u will never be alone! ISC ROCKS!!
alvin