Saturday, December 02, 2006

World AIDS Day

I never realized it was World Aids Day had I not read the papers..Yes there has been alot of noise abt AIDS and I think its about time!

Read the Home page today and all the testimonials of some AIDS sufferers and what struck me as most disgusting...wasnt that they had this disease due to some sexual intercourse (not all get it that way) or infected needle or with their spouses, but it was the sheer fear of AIDS from people arnd these sufferers. Newsflash people! The disease can not be spread by air..if so..it wud have been worse than SARS...it is not spread by sharing of utensils or drinks or food...Yes you can share food with them and you can share drinks and you can use the same forks and spoons.

What causes AIDS to spread..is exchange of bodily fluids and blood....simple. This exchange can come in forms of sexual intercourse, sharing of contaminated needles, open wounds where a sufferer's blood gets into your system.

Any other way like sneezing and coughing doesnt work.

And whoever thinks that they cant contract AIDS in sex..if they use medicated oil or pills...u need to get checked now.

I shiver at the thought of this disease but I also know the ways it cant be spread..and while people run away from their loved ones and colleagues who got it...I shud love to push them to a computer to make them read what AIDS is abt, before drawing lines and ending frenships. Any true friend and relative wud do so 1st and decide whether quaratining is needed later.

I imagined one of my relatives or freinds having this and imagined the reaction of my other relatives and friends and wonder if any of them would ever try to persuade me from sticking to my fren or relative....

How scary is that? At the worst moment...we are left alone.

I admit some or most of the AIDS victims are not victims..they had the sex without thinking with their heads...The ones I dislike most...are those who are doing it casually and often and behind their spouses backs. Ticks me off....
Yet...we all make mistakes and get Fd up results....literal or figure of speech....

My heart goes out to those who didnt get it on their own folly...esp those wives who got it from their A*& H$%^ husbands...and the poor poor kids..

While I express my views for this topic...it amazing linked to what I was looking through for the whole 2-3 days yesterday..Ive been searching for my Kunming Trip photos and videos for my ISC (intl Students Club) Hoping to get inspiration on what to do for the club...so many goals I have for this club! Coincidently, this trip was abt spreading the AIDS mssg to china students and the videos brought back memories.....

It never crossed my mind till I read the papers k so imagine my surprise when at this time, I was also looking for those videos....wonder what it is God wants to say..but seems very very coincidental....

Anyway..Much planning is needed for myself..I went for a Time Mastery class yesterday and it gave me so much inspiration to mend my work habits..old to new...if I cud only pull my socks up.
It helps to have colleagues that are nice..truly nice to me..sincere...Thank you Father!

Once again..as I always do...I Thank God for all the provisions..Thank Jesus for His precious blood...So many times I have the faith that Eveyrthing is gonna be smooth and Im safe from harm.....nly prob is..I find it hard to tell my non-believing parents that Im truly safe in God's hands. What my parents cant do (which is to look after me 24/7) my God can. My Father and My Jesus.... How do I tell those I love that theres someone out there who can stop the rain from falling for me...

God Bless

No comments: