Saturday, December 30, 2006

Medan Day 1& 2

Day 1:
1st time leading students overseas, it got me quite nervous coz I didnt want to do stupid things or let them do stupid things and get people hurt. Shud I be he officer or the silly crazy sister?
Met them at the airport and right away, we started crapping. Likewise, due to my easiness, I became more of a student than an officer hahaha And while all of you will agree that Im a true master of crap, MBA and PHD all...I have given up my post to my student Peili hahahaha She is the Lame God! I hope I dont forget any of her lame comments. Chances are that ive already forgotten some coz they are just too lame..too cold for me to register.

Im really glad for the students that came. It was a good mix and a good frequency between all of us. Esp with pple like Malcolm, Isa, Nesh, Cherng Lin, Thura etc What a truly crappy bunch! Once again they learnt the hard way of my high frequenciness Hahahahahha
We had breakfast at mac b4 we left then had plane food breakfast, and just when we thought it was enough, our hosts gave us another heavy breakfast that I cudnt refuse..manners mah!

We went to the kidney diaysis centre, blind massage center and hairstyling sch etc Nature small bro kept calling and I tried to hold it like mad...call me insecure abt the local toilet..but eventually, I just told myself that nothing cud be worse than LiuKu's toilet hahahahaha China my friend! China!

After that, we went to see alot of other places even the local indian temple, before settling for dinner with the local medan youth group.

Day 2
The 1st trip to the school. This school was run down by spore standards. The students ranged from Kindergarden to sec school. Sec 6 to be exact. The smallest kids got the better room while the bigger kids got no fan, no white board. We entertained and taught the small kids english by using balloons..but when we came down to sec sch kids, balloons cudnt do the job anymore so we resorted to playing hangman. Using whatever english textbook they had, we set questions and we kept having to raise our standards because some of them were too easy hahahha Some of them were cute and some pretty, some of them handsome..hahah had some of my students admiring them too hahahaha...kids!

That took up alot of the day. Thanks to medan's cooling and non-humid weather, we had no probs walking in the rain hahahha i loved the weather there man! We had lunch then went to the local wet market for awhile to see. If you thought local wet market was bad, you wud be claustrophobic if we came to this one. There left no space for squatting or jumping or idling chating, there left alot of opportunities to pickpocket though and I always kept my hands to my stuff.

Some of my students went to try out the blind massage. Seems that it was very good..alot of cracks heard hahahah I for one didnt go and decided to have a nap from the long day.

Dinner was with the local medan youth. We always met up during dinner and fromt he mere 6 days, we made alot of frens with them hahaah some even surprised me with their music! Hindi songs man! Given how out of 100 indonesian folks, only 1 or 2 wud be indian, and this guy wasnt even indian, he had Hindi songs! Wohooo! spread the love man!

BY the time we got home, we were soo tired that we sat on the couch and talked. From 12 to 3 plus, we just chatted about music and everything..even work and school and SAA. If seems they had a few doubts int he system and I cleared it out with them coz there are alot of thnigs they dont know. Some were saying that SAA officers were very strict abt rules etc...and I cleared it out that it was really for their own good. A very good chat it was...I got to know them better and likewise. :)

End of day 1& 2!

God Bless!

No comments: