Friday, July 10, 2009

Another one bites the dust...Goodbye Riddler

I got a call this morning before my alarm went off and the usual me, would be very very pissed because it steals off the valuable minutes left before my actual waking up time...

I cancelled hte call thinking its a last minute call for admin help from my student..hoping to explain later in the day that I cancelled her call because I thought it was the alarm.

But when the 2nd call came, I picked it up anyway...


It's a call I would never wanna (in my lifetime) pickup. 1 of my students/friends died.

I dont know how or why but this particular person is so easy to talk to that we soemhow became friends more than student and officer and every moment talking to him was a very interesting one. I can even imagine bumping into him on wednesday during lunchshow. His happy go lucky yet mature outlook in life. And the more I think about this..and how such a nice guy he was....I tear...

I dont know about everyone else but a death alwasy brings you to askt he yourself if your life has been a life worth living so far. Have you lived life fruitfully? Fruitfully being an objective term. If I were to die now...before I die and get a chance to see my life..would I be satisfied with my life? I know I'm not but I am glad I have God with me.

I am also glad that this student is a christian.

It is a life lost too fast but a life that all of us who know him, would remember. The only pity..is that I never got to know him long enough to remember him well enough. even though the emotions I feel at this death..make it seem like Ive known him for a long time.

And even now..all of us, still expect him to call us and say that he was just pulling a prank...

Edwin, its hard to think that you're gone. I value the time shared with you however short it was.
You were amazingly mature, amazingly kind hearted and I saw you as a friend more than a student. I loved your wit and your candid thoughts and I thank you for all you've done for TC.
We had planned to convince you back to be our Riddler because Ethan thought only you would be able to play it..You're love for theatre will live in the students hearts and mine. And as long as we have a heart for drama, it will stay ablazed and stronger by your love for it as well.

Say Hi to my grandma for me..she'll show you around heaven.

We love you edwin....


God Bless

No comments: