Saturday, July 11, 2009

Neetz Wedding and Edwin's Funeral

It's a first for me. While I always said that to everything here is a first time, I don't eever want this to happen and Im so not looking at doing it a 2nd time.

Today I celebrate a union of lives and death in a single day... evidently the happy must come 1st before the sad...so I choose to go to the wedding 1st....

I flipped opent he paper today and I saw that out of all those in the obituaries, 2 of them are guys below 26yrs of age. And out of the 2, Edwin's photo stares out at me. He has a twin sister....
I can imagine how it is as a twin, to lose a twin brother would be like losing half of you. the person that grew up with you literally, shared the womb, kicked you around in the womb for a few months, wore matching clothes with you, shared the same birthday cake as you, etc
Even as us friends cry for a live lost, the twin...would feel worse....

And as I type this but I glance back at the photo of edwin ont he papers....my heart breaks again...

I also brought back tot he time my granny died. I didnt read the papers nor did I want to see the body. And like my granny...I dont think I can bring myself to see Edwin in the coffin....

My ultimate consolation is that he is in heaven...and my granny too....

We lost a very talented down to earth, humourous, kind and confident guy.....

As quoted on the obituaries..
Edwin, your cheerfulness will be dearly missed and fondly remembered by all of us.

____

I now am forced to look at life in a clearer perspective. What have any of us been living for in our lifetime. What are we meant to do in our lives?

While some bicker over the simplest things....do they not see that the little things are not worth quarrelling over when you should be focusing on the bigger picture....


God Bless

No comments: