Wednesday, December 17, 2014

To India and back #2

The last night at the Pahwa Residence was too quiet. Everyone left except me. Such a big house became soooo lonely...

Next morning, after having my last taste of Poha, Sonal's parents sent me to the airport. I tried my best to hold back my tears for them, knowing that I would see them in Delhi soon again.

Having Sonal's auntie and cousin take the same flight as me, was a relief considering that I had know idea how Delhi would be like. Sonal and Nikhil were there to fetch me front heir own flight and Nikhil's family came to fetch all of us. The car was decked with ribbons and flowers and so we got a lot of stares on the way home.

Upon reaching nikhil's house, the couple got a big welcome from relatives. of course, the drummers would be there. Being the only outsider there, it was akward to step out of the same grand car as the new couple.. Nikhil's grandma started dancing too.
The family was friendly and we chatted after lunch. Nikhil even sang! He sang the song he wrote for Sonal after the first meeting. :) The family is really talented and I can't wait for the day that I can see the Malhotra family do a performance together.

The couple drove me to Pahar Ganj where my hotel was booked. It was a narrow stretch of shops with touts on both sides. Sonal in her punjabi dress, me in my chinese looks and Nikhil with a big backpack, definitely drew attention. Sonal was worried about me and wouldn't relax till orevia arrived and we finally assured her that we could survive.

I must say that despite having seen sonal for the past few days, we didn't really have a chance to sit and talk and I miss that terribly. I value our chats. :)

The days in Delhi were lazy mornings and unplanned shopping. Also heck load of walking. We walked more than 1 hour to get to Khan Market from Pahar Ganj and it was fun! Nothing like walking around in an unknown place. Only problem with being unplanned, is that I didn't end up seeing all I was hoping to see. Ended up going to places I hadn't planned. Yet all in all, I did enjoy being in Delhi. We learnt (out of trial and error) that Delhi Metro was loads cheaper and faster than the auto rickshaws. And at peak periods, it was still packed to the brim, even in the women's cabins.
And people like to "cut" queues. Playing trust fall with everyone into cabin is pretty embarrassing. Everybody playing trust fall with everyone else is funny.

Various instances of bargaining with the auto rickshaws, walking by people who asked if we were from China or Taiwan etc. Also getting brought to wrong places by the rickshaws. Yet because orevia and I had each other, all was good. It was all a learning experience.

I ended up seeing some of what I wanted. The rest would have to be left for the next India trip then.

Sonal and Nikhil's Delhi reception was even more lavished than the Indore reception. it was good to see some familiar faces like the relatives and Sonal's family. As expected, I would cry again and this time, was to say goodbye to Sonal's family. the next day is our ride to Dharamshala. 11hours ride

Part 3 coming soon...

God Bless


No comments: