Thursday, December 18, 2014

To India & Back #3

Dharamshala was an amazing place...the weather wasnt as cold as I thought and our room was pretty huge with our own bathroom.
Alot of the locals reminded me of my burmese students.
The scenery was meditation inspiring and I found myself wanted to stare at the sky and think about life. Didnt get a chance to climb up the mountains but I got a chance to catch the HImalayan Festival. Saw the mongolian throat singing, the tibetan yak song. All that cultural performances hit the right spot for me. India wouldnt be India if I didnt get a chance of music and dance onstage.

I got to know many of Orevia's tibetan friends and got to see hte local schools. The children are so cute! Rosy cheeked. They were playing soccer with tennis balls.

I left Dharamshala nervous and sad. I would be travelling alone from here on and it would be the last time in a long while that I see Orevia.

Unfortunately on my trip, I lost my aussie phone... :/

I got to know this French lady, Eliese? She looked after me during the bus trip. If not for her, I would have ended up at kashmir gate instead of Manju Ka Tilla. She also let me rest in her room and use her bathroom before I went off. Im totally appreciative of her care. if not for her, i would have been a ton of nerves being in delhi alone in the early morning.

I managed to survive in Delhi on my own for the day. Although, I did however get hit by an auto rickshaw. No biggie. No scars, just a big bruise on my arm. Did shake my nerves though. was abit more concerned about crossing the roads.

Bought stuff for myself and for others.

By 3pm, I was at the airport, waiting for my flight to Delhi. Delhi was starting to drizzle when i left.
I flew to Mumbai and then to Singapore. Reached on 14 Dec morning.

It's tough to write about this trip when alot of my emotions cant be described in words.

Its almost a week since I left but I still miss India. I miss the new friends I made and I miss Sonal again. :) She is after all my soul sister :) Her family is now my family. I love her mum and her grandmother. Something about them makes me want to give them big hugs! Even Sonal's dad.

I dont know when would be the next time that I go to India but at least now, I know that I have friends and "family" there to meet up with and hangout with them.

I sorta also regret not learning my hindi. It hindered alot my understanding to the conversations. although alot of the friends were considerate enough to translate :) yet whatever hindi I could use, I did :P

All in all, this India was a partial tick off my bucket list and yet a full tick. because I experienced alot of other stuff aside from what I had planned to see. :)

Since coming back from India, I'm once again reminded of just how fortunate i am to be a Singaporean. I am in a country that is safe for women, the air pollution here is alot alot alot lesser, people here had adopted a cleaner way of living. Our sanitation is alot cleaner then in India and there are no touts. The trees and grass here are cleaner than in India. My family and I are truly fortunate to be from Singapore when it is a developed country.

God Bless



No comments: