Monday, April 16, 2007

....our society fails us

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost2581.aspx

Tried to read a few pages of the comments..laughed at afew, cringed at some, dissappointed at all of them...wanted to shoot them all down but felt it more appropriate if I said things to the minor few who read my blog. The rest dont deserve to hear...

The students were made to sell flags so early to catch the morning crowd. meaning..7 something in the morning. They obviously have not had their breakfast, hence went down to get breakfast 1st. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong...is that they cud have taken turns to get the donuts, sent a rep to buy for the rest who would be making use of the morning crowd to collect more money. If they dont make use of the morning crowd, then wahst the point of making them wake up so early. Also whoever took this disregarded that there are about hundreds of other students who are out there collecting. Not all of them are getting food. I would suggest we give these kids a break from being scolded for queueing for what we would all call, "breakfast" The most impt meal fot he day.

At the same time...my dissapointment with our students is not anything lesser. Its obvious that they went there in a group. they didnt take turns..they all just decided to sit down in a class...
And whats worse, its also obvious that alot of these students dont know why they're doing all this. it is for the Presidents Charity. NOT SP! None of their so called"begging money" is for SP

Lastly... If I cud scold those students big time I would (the ones who were commenting) There are very few people who do willingly ask for a can to help with donations. But whether it is forced or not...what shoudl be done should be done to their best efforts...and not harp on the fact that its forced its forced..as if we probed them with hot iron prongs and forced them to go..as if they are very unhappy to do it. Then it isnt about the donuts anymore..its about our students lack of their own compassion to help others....my heart breaks.

I can honestly sayt hat I HATE doing flag day...but when Im made to do it...(force and made are different) I do it with my best efforts...I ask and ask and ask and at those times..I come across people who have the biggest hearts which only spur me to work harder. Im not the best collector...but Im not the ones who only get $2.50 at the end of the whole day. Point is....Dont keep harping on being forced coz it doesnt make your reason any better. it only shows that you lack compassion and you wont get anything done so long as someone makes you do something you dont like...and i ave a feeling that so long as someone makesa you do something you dont like...you automatically term it as "force"...Cher! He force me to do that wat!!!!

.....our society fails us for being so stereotypical and lacking of compassion. The public shuns flag day doers as if they were plagued..how does that help flag day doers? How does this encourage them?

Our youth are starting to be so pampered that they dont consider the others around them.... They lack the common sense and compassion and communication skills. If I think anymore..I can basically come up with 6C's that our youth dont have...
I hate to say this but it is also due to the adults..their parents...parents are doting them too much.

If I ever have a kid, I wud teach my kid to think for others...to have common sense or to find out things for themselves...

My motivation for working with students has gone down by a notch just seeing the youth/teens....I worry about singapore's future...

God Bless

No comments: