Saturday, November 28, 2009

Well deserved Friday...

Met ISC for 2012, had dinner w them and alumni and met bros for walla walla.

To be honest, 2012 is a cool movie if you only look at the effects. But the meaning behind it is infectious as well. saying that the world will end...is very very scary. imagine everyone in t he world running for cover. Of course all hollywood movie shows the silver lining of the dark clouds so not everybody dies but the magnitude of pple who die!
And seeing famous national strutures crumbling down etc..is a very scary scene...
I cant say more coz some of you havnt watched it. I didnt really cry for this movie. Tear? Yes but no crying..no streams. Me being a christian, I know that when its the end of the world, we dont have people surviving but if I was in this situation....Id hope that everyone I knew would be alive. Id hope that I would see the day that men fight and claw each other to survive.
Got out of the cinema and told the bunch of ISC peeps, "If this happens, we better all be on the same ship."

Had alumni come over. My goal was to push the juniors and alumni together...let them mix abit. And it sorta worked. Slowly I guess...It helps to know that Alvin and Juwy and Liang etc do want to know the juniors.

Then the day ended off well with ian, stephen, YQ, aaron and I at walla walla. EIC was playing and this is one of the bands that we all agree on. of course I have no music tech knowledge unlike my bros but I do enjoy live music. We all had fun. Funny how simple music like that cud make us all "head bang" to it. EIC is fantastically good and Kudos to the replacement drummer for that day. As Ian and stephen marvelled, the guy smoked his way through the entire 3 sets. And if Ian adn stephen can be impressed, Im sure that good enough credits tot he drummer. After all, these 2 bros of mine are not excellent at their craft but they know skill when they see it.

Like I said, this week hasnt been fantstic...but I know God is looking after me and will get me through. I need His wisdom to handle everything that is pouring in.
I also thank Him for putting in my life, every single person I know. the heartbreakers, the tear jerkers, the fun lovers...every single one..because without any of them my life would be different.
Special thanks to my bros who went walla walla. Because being with them is always refreshing and it always makes me feel like Im home, taking me away from the rest of my life.

Sad things to say for a christian. I know all this is me speaking out of my own limitations..and wallowing in self pity I guess..without considering my God who ever wants to help me. So this is truly the lst time I will mention abt this. Cause I do want to make a conscious effort to look to God for this. I know He will..its whether I will let Him. And so I go. :)

I came out of hte cinema yesterday, telling God that if the world were to end, I wanted all whom I know, to be saved.

God Bless

No comments: