Saturday, November 13, 2010

last day of melbourne... :/

Last day of melbourne trip. slept at 4am to finish project..was really really nervous because this was the big killer. Woke up at 6.30am. Lugged the stupid model down to Malthouse by 9am. Took cab coz mum and I didnt think we'd be able to fit the model in. *shrugs* Thankfully the auditioner was very nice. He wasnt impressed I cud tell and I didnt have much to tell him...but..well I will believe in Melbourne Uni. Foong has been very positive about it and hopes to see me in melbourne very soon.
This  trip has somehow hit a very strong chord in my heart time and again.Yes Ive been having probs with mum throughout the trip but we ended all on a very mutual ground.I guess through this trip..Ive been trying hard to show her that Im independent..but to her..it could have seemed like I was just being ridiculously reckless..despite my pre-departure research. Pisses me off but im trying not to show it.
But what really brought my heart strings into knots was to see my nephew again.We hit it off really quickly with a big hug and abit of chit chatter about the past.Somehow Im soooo amazed by how close we still are and Im quite touched by it. Its like we're lost siblings. or thats how I feel. I feel like we didnt really lose touch. And I honestly cant remember how I ever got in touch with him again. But when we started talking, it's as if there was so much familiarity that we just carried on with the last conversation.
He's grown up to be a fine young man with a responsible yet fun loving character.Im sooo happy for him that he's turned out this way. :) And I know I havnt beent here for him but I am very proud of him. :)
I only managed to really speak to him on wed night and it was such an honest talk. We spoke about what we liked to do and our recent past. Seems like our choice of music is quite similar and i cant believe that he watches anime and still loves basketball.
In fact, Ive forgotten alot of things about him.
I rememebr he gave me an alaskan husky soft toy and he gave me a doggie coin bank for me to save up for my next aussie trip. I didnt fulfillt hat and it took me 15 yrs to get back to melbourne.
I wish I could spend more time with him, to just get to know him better again. Sadly we're all in the working class. While we were in aussie, he had to work as well...he ouldnt spend time with us unlike when we were kids and he would be able to play after he finished school. I didnt even reply his mail! Im aterrible auntie...I also rememebr how much fun we had hanging out at his place with his best friend Joong, or just watching tv and playing with sheila.
We even ended up giving each other nicknames. Or rather, I gave him a nickname...foongster. Id clean forgotten that nickname.
Its weird cos the more I talk about this, the more I feel like crying. I will miss him alot. He is truly like a brother to me. Maybe he doesnt feel the same and I dont know why I feel so strongly about it but...I do.I really really see him as my younger brother...
And amazingly Foong's father sees me as a 1/10 daughter too. He's cantonese too so somehow we clicked too.

This day has been boring after the  audition coz foong and the other cousins are now in goldcoast. Mum & I are lazing around the hotel area coz we didnt want to spend anymore transport money and we had little time left to travel. Nobody is sending us off so we  were quite bored. Something is missing without family sending us off. :/
OMG, I miss Melbourne already and I miss Foongster!
Yes it stupidly sounds weird and dont get your twisted minds working because Im not the incest sort.
Some relatives just click very well and he is one of those I know I will keep holding on to.
He's doing up a family tree and I'll try my best to include my side of the family as well...long long family tree.

Im probably gonna wait till I get hgome before sending him a msg on facebook to thank him and let him know how much he means to me too.

I also got to meet Joong..or aka joongster.Who doesnt recognise me anymore but whom I rememebr was quite a rascal when he was young haha. But now he is foong's best friend and after listening to foong's dad about him, Im glad foong has joong in his life. :) And im sure they will be best brothers for life. :) Even when they bid us goodbye, they said it at the same time! And I see much of Ian & stephen's bond in them.

i must say that im happy about coming to melbourne. It was really worthwhile. I really enjoyed walking around, reading maps, talking to locals and figuring my way out of the maze of roads, taking pictures of interesting stuff... :)

No comments: