Wednesday, November 23, 2011

notes to self for intl students

Walking home has always been a reflecting time for me.

This time, i reflected on my journey as an intl student.

I realize that myself as an intl student, hasn't been smooth.

I found myself thinking that people werent as friendly with me because I was asian/chinese.

Alot of people thought I was from China...


I guess after that entire experieince, there are somethings I want to say to the intl students in singapore

1)  That Singaporeans or others may seem unapproachable..butu as an individual need to approach them because they are very comfortable in their comfort zones and they wouldnt apparoach u unless they need to if you dont.
2)  That language is an issue but it must not stop you from learning to communicate with them.
3)  Dont see yourself as an outsider but an ambassador for your country. Educating them on your country, reducing as many blind F's as possible.
4)  Dnt settle for "Im fine" tell them more, care for them too

God Bless

No comments: