Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sucky event

Sooo my rare chances to compere and I screwed it up. Why? Lets just say that I regret not learning my chinese well....

Lesson learnt: Dont give up on your mother tongue especially when its chinese. In fact...dont give up on your mother tongue PERIOD!

I had to hobble through chinese when the audience or the boss of the coordinator started complaining. I thought that in such a community-ish event, you'd want english because it would be fair for all races...but I guess deep inside, there is abit of denial involved...and stubborness and fear. I was down after the event because of my lack of chinese, because of having to suffer complaints and because it could be the end of my compereing chances....not that Im even getting paid. But still...

Due to all this dissappointment in myself and apologies to the event coordinator and my fren (sound guys) the first thing I did when I left the house....was get myself a chinese mag. NUYOU. Why did I choose that? Well I figured the easiest thing to read would be chinese fashion mag and they were giving away a free bag. Hahahah cheap thril right? But seriously..Im quite determined to get myself more equipped in terms of languages. In fact...due to my work, Ive had t speak more chinese in school than normal life. Thanks to God for my new club, and my job scope that forces me to be the chinese I ought to be. Boy should my dad be laughing now!
BTW, any body know which part of the body is called giu wo? cheeks? Hahahha

Anyway, I got bluffed into going to school...also due to my silliness....Im in school and blogging ont he staircase while my compere juniors and newbies are upstairs getting acquainted hahahaha I cant wait to join them. Maybe its good that I came to sch anyway hahahah

K gonna stop here. Ive blogged my heart out.

Gotta thank my colleague for forcing me to go for Bible Study on thurs....It cleared my stress..made me calmer and happier :P But even without him, I did feel the strongest urge to go to BS on that day..God just provided the transport and thanks to God, I got a seat too! Very Rare in this context! Hahahaha

K THE END

Love you all in buckets and Pails (Patented ah!)

God Bless!

No comments: