Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Granny in Hospital

My grandma is int eh hospital...nowadays, it gets very scary to have such news...

She's got gastric, infections and some bacteria in her stomache etc...

When I went to see her yesterday evening, she was sleeping most of the way....when she needed to answer natures call, the nurse came over, lifted her gown, stripped her of her diapers...so quickly and uninhibitedly done that it irritated me...THIS IS MY GRANNY!

They lifted her to a chair with a hole..you know the rest...

My mum was talking to the nurse bt my granny and how she doesnt feel good doing that int eh chair etc...it wasnt meant to tell the nurse that my granny shudnt do all that on the chair...but just a chat w the nurse. Maybe its me..maybe its the fact that I have the pride like my dad that doesnt like being talked about...so when I put myself in my granny's shoes, think abt how the nurse unapologetically lifted out the gown and removed the diapers, exposing her...and having my mum and the nurse stand in front of her talking abt her...If I was conscious, not groggy, not tired...I wud have been very upset...

My granny has a memory prob..she remembers everything before but doesnt remember the questions she just asked or anything happening within the day. She doesnt even remember that she's at the hospital... sometimes I feelt hat this is bliss...because anything upsetting that she experiences during the day...wont be remembered...

Before I left the ward last night..I prayed for her, prayed for everyone in the ward and prayed for myself...I pray that my granny gets ehr health back...that every sick person n the ward gets better soon and that I get the patience and wisdom to handle this situation...

Pray for her too k.

God Bless

No comments: