Sunday, July 29, 2012

Done & dusted

Triple J project done and dusted. Relieved and yes I did have fun at times.

The week days ended with a good bible study session. I guess the spiritual thirst I have suffered from for the past 1.5years made me feel the need to do bible study. Daniel.

Weirdly enough, I feel like I could feel comfortable amongst this group of singaporeans and malaysians etc. Maybe all in all, I still feel comfortable with singaporeans..maybe..or maybe God's is giving me the peace to speak and make friends. Or even that everyone seems to be very forthcoming :)

the main topic for this entry is more about todays sermon.
I guess admittedly, today's sermon was abit hard to digest but after speaking to Tracy(another church mate) I felt God's love and that simple revelation was enough to make me feel happy and slightly speechless. Even Tracy had no words to describe the simple happiness. coz theres nothing that needs to be said but "yup" and smile at each other.

Without that conversation between Tracy and I, the sermon would have been full of condemnation and it would change my impression of the church. Obviously Im still trying to get a feel of which way the church swings...

Hosea 4&5 was a chapter of God's wrath on the Children of Israel who abandoned God. It is scary to see God's wrath because it feels like GOd threw them out to destruction. But what wasn't mentioned and should have been mentioned during the sermon was how this wrath was in the old testament, before jesus came and saved the children of israel and took the wrath upon himself. voluntarily.

Only after that talk did it make sense of the entirety of the purpose of those 2 chapters. its not only to remind us of how God is righteous and hates sin, but also how much love Jesus has for us and God has for us that He sent His son to take on all that wrath.

It almost seems like me typing this out, doesn't justify the revelation. But when we first had the revelation and reminder, both of us smiled and couldn't utter anything else but "yeah" we sat there witht her revelation sinking into our hearts and for 2 seconds, it was quiet between us.

Anyway the next week is not gonna be as stressful as the past but I still have the essay to finish which I sort of fear. So as i do my research, I will cast my fears upon God and cast my thought process for this easy on God too. :)

God Bless

No comments: