Monday, November 05, 2007

FUNBUZZ 2007

Spent the saturday w my ISC students at Ngee Ann Poly, we were e rep team from SP ISC.
The team consists: Liting, Dodo, Ai Yun, Helmut, Jonathan L, Hainita and I
Think Im probably the only team w an officer in it and mind you, didnt let any of them mention that I was the officer...all the other officers were comfortably sitting under the shade while I was in the bloody hot sun, w face paint and sweating..I mean perspiring....

Even got such a good tan that the face paint I had on, caused a white mark on my right cheek (from ur view)...hence the number "20" is now on my cheek. My team number is 20.

We got through the 1st round of games and amazingly won 2. Which meant we had 2 rounds of semi-finals...Then we lost for both of it and amazingly, we still got 3rd prize! Hahahahahah

We whacked Kong Kong (dont ask me why they called themselves this) for dunking and got their member wet 2-3 times. Poor guy. we said sorry to him. Thanks to everyone for aiming accurately. I must say that when it was their turn to whack our Dodo ito the water, they did it fiercely and against the rules (in front of the line) Plus when Jon was blindfolded and had to follow our voices, they came in and 1 of them apparently pushed jonathan the other way. I must admit that we might have stepped over the line once or twice but we tried to be a sport and correct each other. At the end of every game, we said thank you to the teams. Thanks Dodo for sacrificing. BTW...we took a pic of Dodo w his abs hahaha soon to be on multiply.com *evil laugh*
We got thrashed by this Kong Kong team for dodgeball. They whacked poor jonathan and the rest soo hard and yet jonathan was soo sporting and small and springy that he managed to siam alot of the balls HAHAHAA very proud of him We lost for that but we didint want to win that anyway...
Wargh Games is a game of guns and soldiers and we were against this weird team which had all guys..so we sorta figured we'd lost already hahaha It was fun while it lasted though. :/ We got killed off quite quickly but Dodo was the last one to hold on and spent his last breathe shooting the enemy. *salute*
Then the relay race. We were last but it doesnt matter. We tried our best. The hardest was probabaly the gunny sack...Aiyun stumbled in that...thanks to having 2 big and 1 small guy..we had no prob balacing on 3 chairs hahahaha Jonathan was evil enough to catch and incoming water bomb and throwing it back at the thrower hahahahahaha
We won another round of Sumo and Jousting. Dodo, Hainita, Liting & I were jousting on a shaky inflated platform and we won our 1st opponents easily. The other smaller ones decided to be Sumos! So they wore the Sumo costumes that were heavy enough to bring them down without having anyone helping hahahah. The 2nd opposing team was from Africa and we sorta gave up the moment we saw them. Hahahahah well it was fun while it lasted.
All in all, we won and we lost w grace. :) Every match we had, we said our thanks to our opponents. Whether they deserved it or not I will not judge but while it lasted, at least we showed that we are not the team to hold grudges.
Anyway...this event also proves that Im getting old. Even today, I am aching...
I dont regret going for this..even though I had my reservations and hesitations. It sorta proves one thing....that you wont know until you try. We had a strategy for almost every game even if we didnt win it...least we tried.
This event got me thinking as well...at how they organise it. How different the club is from the ISCs from the other schools. Why is it they're so "on" about these things...while our club is sooo "off" where has the spirit gone to? One thing I know that resurfaced...was te "respect" sign that we gave each other. We lost it mid this year....we lost our vision mid this year too...
All in all...it was really fun..the event got us sweating and all but it was fun and insightful while it lasted.
God Bless

No comments: