Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Deepavali!

The festival of Lights!

Went to frens place on thurs and had good homecooked indian food w briyani rice. We sat down, chatted until 4pm, then shifted to the living room to watch "Pokiri" staring Vijay. :)
Im a vijay fan if you havnt already guessed. a 3hr long show but it was good, the indian version of "Departed" staring Leonardo Di Caprio...sorta makes me wanna watch that movie.

Fri was supposed to be a free day for me but i had to go back to work for at least half the day to settle some stuff. Haiz...
Met frens int he evening for a cool round of "You must be an idiot!" at Settlers Cafe. :) The beauty of this game is being able to call everyone an idiot hahhahha In fact while the girl in the cafe tried to explain to us the game, she called us idiots unprohibitedly hahah causing a certain bro of mine to cringe at every sentence hahahaha
Girl says:
- everybody get s turn to be the genius and ask questions
- the goal of the idiot is to make sure he/she doesnt get discovered, if you dont get discovered, you get 3 points
- if you say that another member is an idiot and you're right, you get 2 points
- if you wrongly accuse another opponent to be an idiot, you lose a point and she/he gains one
- the idiot can not answer the trivia questions correctly, if he/she does, minus 1 point
- For every turn, you can make a guess on who the idiot is

The questions for thsi game were so american that we had to more or less skip the geographical questions and political questions. my bro and I were more english based while the other 3 girls were more chinese based hence alot more questions cudnt be asked hahaha think we all cheated in the game, By the end of our game time, we were shooting questions at the 2 remaining players without even playing w the board hahaha

Throughout that whole time, Ian & I were into our "real bro & sis" mode.
Ian: I'll tell mom when we get home
Ning: Go ahead! guess who she'll side with!
Ian: Of all the times you say you love me (while getting smacked by Ning)
Ning: The chinese say Hitting is doting you, and scolding is loving you
Ian: Yah well you hate me remember! You really really hate me!
Ning: Im also half indian. So I'll still hate you and hit you!

With a bro like that who needs enemies.....Haahahahah

As we took a bus home (Ian & I), we got a chance to catch up on other issues. He has his problems and i lend a listening ear. And while I listen to all my bros & sisters replationship probs...or happiness, 1 thing keeps popping into my mind, "No matter what happens, Im just glad htat everyone else around me is happy" :) And so far I thank God that its going that way. :)

Going to Bala's house today. Gonna see his baby girl and his wife too! Whoopee! Photos will come soon!

Happy Deepavali!

God Bless

No comments: