Sunday, January 20, 2008

ISC AGM 07/08

Thur I watched BEAUTY WORLD!!! WWohooo! Friday was ISC AGM...the performances were bizarre and disturbing but the videos were heartwarming and potentially tearjerking...my speech..felt it was abit to complex for them..dont know if they understodd or appreciated it...here it is
_________________________________________________________________________________
Last year never write speech, learnt my lesson. This year I write. Bear with my English hor..can be too complicated at times.

Time flies…

You guys did a great job this year. In fact looking at past club history, it has been no way but up for all of you in the previous years and it will continue that way as long as we stick together, help each other and do things with our hearts.

Many people do many things..but they do it for different reasons
- the results/money/recognision/cca points
- the experience/the lessons learnt
- the fun of it

I believe most of you have learnt that with passion, the reason for you doing things is lesser about “what is in it for you” but “what can I learn from doing this” or even “because….just because”

and because of this you aim higher and you come up with amazing things in the process.

ISC Song (thanks to alumni)
ISC cheer (thanks to fuey chao)
ISC video (thanks to our directors, producers and the cast)

If you can name any other club in SP that has all this, tell me coz I cant. You guys have shown that when you put your heads together you can come up with new ideas and make them happen. You are truly the most sophisticated club Ive seen.

Im proud of you guys for taking every problem and not admitting defeat. We can all say, "oh it was sad, oh it was so sad..." but you never gave up. Thats why Juwy/Rino say, "can do!" Because you all can do it!

BUT dont leave it like that. continue trying new ideas..continue the ISC spirit, continue the ISC love and the ISC fire. A fire never stays in one spot. It spreads…the fire is our love & passion for ISC it spreads with everything we say and do when we are around other international students. If they feel the fire, they will draw near…like someone in the cold drawing near to a warm fireplace.

I also see the love the alumni have for the club too! THATS ALOT OF LOVE! Thats a BIG fire! Even the year1s have drawn near. You are a group of bros & sisters and your love for each other (regardless of country) is a love that cant be found easily and must be treasured. What soo many politicians & countries cant do (work together and love each other) we can. How cool is that!?!?!

So I encourage you guys..to keep the fire burning…

To the alumni and soon to be alumnis…once ISCian, always ISCian. Once you give your heart and time to something. Your heart is given and time is spent. No taking back. What you can take back….are the memories and the frens. Hold on to that till the next time you come back. No matter which year you are from, so long as the ISC fire is burning…you will always be welcome to come back and warm yourself in the warm fire.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I tried to add in abit of humour...dunno lah..its times like these that make me wonder if I really do fit into this gang of people. I never wanted to be the officer who just sits at the table and waits for them to find me...but if I dont know when they gather..how can I be there? Maybe its abit hard to have singaporeans in ISC afterall...the ones who do succeed in infiltrating..are those that are persistent in intruding. like me.

Sat
Was supposed to meet alvin and all for basketball,volleyball, etc..in the end they cudnt make it...So i ended up lazing around the house until evening. Met Poh Yan and gang for another round of blading. My initial excitement of having 2 rounds of blading in 1 day didnt turn out that way in the end.

Sun
What I am glad I did through the weekend...was listen to God's word. Im sooo full of peace now...having heard today's sermon on God's name. How he has many names. 1 of which is Yahweh (Ya-Hui) that depicts God's love for us. It a moer personal name that God uses with his people. Initially, that was only for the Jews..but now..we can call Him that too. But the best thing I like to call him...is Abba (father) :)

For the whole day, I was thinking about how useless I was in spreading His love to those around me. So many of my friends have been saved but with the help of other friends who might not be as close to them than I am. Im relieved yet I wonder if I could do the same....
Then on my way to school (yes im in sch) I read Exodus and came to the part where God speaks to Moses through the burning bush. Moses is unsure of his capabilities of bring his people out from the hands of the Egyptians and the Pharaoh.
Moses says: Who am I that I should go to the Pharaoh and bring the israelities out of egypt?
God says: I will be with you. And this will be a sign to you that it is I who have sent you;
Right after reading that, a thought popped into my head and it said, " dont you feel the same? You feel that you are a nobody to tell people about God. But you are a Christian. A child of God who has the authority to tell people of your father's love for them.
Moses: But if they ask, "what is His name", what do I tell them..
God says: I AM WHO I AM ( I Am in hebrew also refers to LORD/Yahweh)

Now I can say: God is my heavenly Father and bear witness to the countless times He has saved me from trials and tribulations and danger. :)

Gotta work...

Yahweh Bless

No comments: