Tuesday, January 15, 2008

pictures and memories

2 things to talk about..both make me excited. :)

PIcture whoreing...
After the eventful and laughter-filled day att he museum...Ive come to question on why international students have that thrill of taking pics etc..while Sporeans dont. Is it only coz locals are on homeground..nothing much to take on? But every event is different and every picture has a different feel right?
Or does it have anything to do with Sporeans being shy of doing silly things infront of their common countrymen. In this case..its cramping up for a pic...While International students have nothing but pics and videos and memories of this place when and if they leave...
My students have passed on the bug...to me. Since getting a camera, Ive also started taking pics of things arund Spore..different perspectives etc... and Ive started cramming into pics with my students foir the simple joy of keeping things in memory....something I used to do alot...
Its a good thing to have memories! To have pics! And i know its time for me to start looking at my pics and deciding on which ones Id want to develop.

Speaking of memories...I had a wonderful night with my sec school frens last night. My sista's (Ling) bf (Alvin) called me int he evening, saying he was at dover. Having the initial idea of meeting up w my sistas (Ling, Yan, Ching) being scrapped, I decided to surprise Ling by follwing Alvin to her house! So thats what we did. We bought ice cream over and Ling got a surprise. Then after staying awhile, having dinner downstairs and catching up, all 3 of us decided to go over to Yan's place to scare her! :D
Went over, Alvin knocked the door, Yan opened the door and got a shocked. Took her arnd 5 seconds to register who was at her door and exclaim, "Win already lor! You all! Everytime come and surprise me!" Hahahah Cudnt hide the smile and enjoyment off my face! :)

We tred to call Ching and give her the final round of surprise..but she wasnt home. So we opened up our ice cream and shared it.

The sheer chance to meet up w old friends (for 11 YEARS!!!) and talking abt past present and future...is really fun! In fact us all being from the same sch, same class etc..makes it alot easier to chat. :)

Miss my 2nd sis...Ching....She seems abit downcasted and sad...i hope she's not depressed...I know how its like to hate what you're doing..hate going for lessons...feelt eh pressure the moment you step into class .... In fact..the 3 of us are abit worried abt her...hoping she'll open up to us...
Er Jie: Dont worry okay. You do what you need to do..but if you need company, must let us know. We know you dont feel like talking or answering calls (maybe) when you're down so...we'll try not to disturb but when you're done with what you need to do....we will be here okay. :)

After 11 years of friendship...its amazing that we can still be so close..even when we've each got our own lives..and thats what makes our friendship valuable...that marks real friendship.
So dont worry about the friendship and bond between the 4 of us..coz we will always be there!


I also found out that Alvin is going tot he same church and Im soo happy about that. vene if it means once or twice a year..Im still glad he's in New Creation! He seems sooo much happier and jovial and open. :) Kudos to you bro!

God Bless!

No comments: