Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reflections on Grad C

Im thankful for the bunch of people helping me. Im thankful for the extra lessons I got from Cikgu Wandi...Im thankful for the comperes.

Grad C is actually an event that comperes always did..in my time..we had sooo much problems getting dedications...its comparatively easier. Also..we never had proper sound guys and the luxury of non-radioed music...

As i see my grownup"kids" leave SP...I felt so proud of them..no matter how the sun sapped up all my energy..I cud still jump/hop/skip over to them to take a picture...

I know they dnt all read my blog and thats great..but I guess for those who do..

To my graduates:

A building is only as known as the company of pple who occupy it. Just like a school is only as good as the students that come from it. Just as how a teacher is only as good as the students that he/she teaches.
Because of that, know that you guys (added together) are the ones who give SP it's colour/spots/stripes/hues/tones and character. And because of you guys (added together) I see Sp in a different light..not by its grey and beige buildings and its industrial like chimneys...but by the stripes and hues and tones I speak about.
Even as you graduate and new blood or paint take over...to give SP a new character...know that beneatht he top layer of colour...is always the previous colours..
Theres no way to get rid of hte colours before them.. no matter how u try to scrap them off.
So SP will always have a piece of you with them.
Moving further into that...our bodies are the buildings of our hearts...meaning...because u guys are in my heart...you too make me who I am...and two people who share a bond..will never fail to affect each other.
No matter how many students I will have..You'll still be one of those in my heart. :)
Congratulations.

The other thing I felt at Grad C...was a sorta unhappiness with my comperes. I guess I gotta hand it to Angel for bearing with us. and for picking the right people...meaning..our batch..
We had little problems..we were independent..we were a talent agency...

Now..I only feel sad abt my seniors not taking the mentoring job seriously...or not realizing exactly whaat mentoring entails. Its not about being next to ur juniors and chatting with them..or dancing around tot he music..its also abt being an example to them..giving them pointers on what they shud include in their scripts...
Maybe Im asking too much from them..they're still kids...they dnt realize certain things beyond their noses because they're not the officer in charge...
I know this si something Im arguing with myself about...
Are they mature enough to make things happen? Shud I just step back and watch them stumble?
Some of them asked for info on the stalls..I told them to find it themselves..some of them used other people's scripts..and it turned out horrible.
I know 1 of hte session was so badly planned and rehearsed that the guy stumbled all over the place..Alia got fed up and took over the mic. She apologized later thinking Id be angry. Im not angry abt her taking over hte mic..Im just not happy with them dancing to wondergirls (or whtever the group is) while Im trying to brief them...They lost sight of the issue...

Im glad teh ceremony is over but somehow Im still worried for Comperes. I know Im not supposed to worry for them...I know my maternal instincts are kicking in and looking at my dad...I know where I got the worry-nerve from.

Now everytime I listen to the radio....or the popular songs...I get drawn back into Grad C mood...

Its because of all those that matter to me...that make the songs meaningful.

K gonna stop playing facebook..stop blogging n start sleeping

God Bless

No comments: