Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kids, God, Smoke, Run..all of the above...Wohoo.oh drat sunday is coming to an end..

What is it about children that make you stronger? Some kids deserve a spanking..some kids are so adorable that get the "you're so cute..pinch your cheeks" routine from every available adult... But most of the,, when they hold on to your hand..or maybe...3 fingers..or just the thumb..(depending on how big their hands are)..when they take hold of your hand..its an instant strength booster and you fell like you need to take care of that kid..no matter what happens to you. Especially those with "precious moments" eyes... :)
Kids are cute...when they are not yours hahahahah

Woke up super early today coz I had a discovery workshop in church to attend...got off the mrt at city hall and started walking to church but didnt feel like walking via the underpass...so I decided to walk outdoors for the 1st in a long time. As I took the escalator up, I spoke under my breathe.." God...I wud really love to hear your voice" This all spured from a conversation with a colleague the day before. I walked outside Cafe cartel and this old lady came up to me before i crossed the zebra crossing. Such a sweet looking old lady with the friendliest of voices, chinese...she asked me if I knew where New Creation Church was..I pointed it out to her and offered to bring her along , anyway I was going there too. As we walked, we spoke..given my minimal chinese proficiency..my chinese was amazingly fluent! She told me that she heard about this church only yesterday, from a pastor and decided to venture on her own (she's taiwanese on a holiday) to this church. She prayed to God and told him to lead her there. Whoever told her about this church, didnt tell her the address...sigh...but God is the best tour guide I know and she bumped into me.
She looked fragile..but she had a spirit in her that was strong and active and outspoken...:) So eay to talk to...
I told her that I rarely walk to church from the outdoors but today, something made me go that way. something that made me think, "why dont I walk outdoors for a change" Mind you I was late for meeting my frens for breakfast. I said, "Well now I knoe why He told me to walk outdoors." I didnt hear his voice...but he sure was there to guide me!
I apologized for the rough roads but she simply said, " its okay, where you go, I'll follow. Im fine" When we got to suntec, I had to hand her over to other people who were going for the chinese service. I gave her a hug that was well reciprocated...told her to take care and have fun and hope that we meet some day.
Barely 5 minutes and I felt like I had known her for ages...like she was my own relative..is that how God works? Is that favour He gives to his kids, that even normal ungodly people would feel a sense of warmth towards them and give them their hearts? Joseph was favoured by Potiphar and the King...
As I went through my day, she stuck in my mind and I doubt Id ever forget her..coz like kids..she made me feel stronger...she made me feel like I had to protect her. :/ Maybe Im finally starting to get a ahng of old people..aka..reborn kids. it is even cooler to be a reborn kid in God's arms.
I prayed for her safety in different parts of the day..I still do...even for my own grandparents...God Bless Them with godly strength and renewed youth..like 85 year old Caleb..I am as strong as I was..40 years ago...

I think all of this helped me in the discovery workshop...When the pastor talked about us being God's children..He is our father...I am his daughter...The small powerless (to Satan) child who grabs hold of God's hand as He brings me through life...If I run off to the corner, he comes running with me...no matter where..even in my troubled filled roads...some of these roads were of my own doing..some of them, Satan led me...
But..God still follows...to prevent me from falling..like how a dad would reach his arms to carry his child before she falls on her bum or steps into a puddle...Wheeeee!
Even in old age...He does the same thing..and we are as his little kid as we are...when we were 5 years old or what have you...Me grandma's face lights up when she sees us...like a ch8ild's face lights up at the sight of candy..or her favourite someone someone.
How loving is that..Ive got the image in my head but I cant seem to get a pic to fit that...its hard to fit that in without thinking that God's image wud be compromised..He is far more handsome than any man I wud dare to point out...Amen!

I went to SPGG after church to do abit of sports and came home with 2 sore, tired but satisfiably stretched legs.. :) A workout that made me workout my mind as well...Was thinking about Philip and Andrew, jesus's Disciples who didnt think of Jesus's capabilities when it came to feeding of 5000. Philip looked at the lack of resources to feed the crowd while Andrew looked at the magnitude of the problem. I looked at the lack of stamina and thelength of time & distance i had to complete...geez! But I know that i wudnt have gotten away fromt hat without a stitch or torn hamstring etc..if not for God hahaha :P 1 Hour!!! Cool shit man!

Lastly before I forget..the latest argument I had with my fren...ive been very strict with him...more often than not, its a natural reaction...I hate to tell him that mosts of what he suffers is from his own doing...but I do this not to insult him or put him down or nag...unfortunately.. the 1st word that describes this...1-sided conversation with him..is.....NAG. What to do...you got to do what you have to do...
After such a long time of biting my tongue..I told him that I felt like I was an optical cable trying to talk with a copper wire..the connection is that bad. He told me that he cant seem to quit his smoking..so he's trying to change his working env...somethingelse along the lines of."I cant seem to quit..Its difficult..etc" But I told him...that God is his father..stop depending on his own strength but God's. We both know this.. and much as my life isbnt very smooth sailing..I still try to look at things that way...Look to God like Simon Peter..instead of looking at the rustling waves below..or you'll start sinking... Allt he advice I gave...I knew he knew..and he knows that ive been trying not to say it for the longest time..hoping that he would find his way... I still hope he finds his way. While I say all this..I do realize the irony of my ways..that all thsi time, my ways of getting him to quit..short of threatening..is all my self efforts...I cud have simply gone to God.

Speaking of which..during my workshop. we had the usual ice-breakers and all of us intro-ed ourselves and our previous experience with God. Soo many oft hem were from other religions like Buddhism, Hindu..muslim...faiths Ive felt hindered me from talking to those who believed int hem..about God. Yet..God's ways prove the most effective and they have come fromt heir own accords..I thought of all my frens from diff religions and the many times I felt like telling them of God's love...ESP when they were in their worst times...If I cud tell them of God..maybe they would realize what they're missing!
If God can do that..why not get rid of my fren's smoking addiction? What can be stopping Him except that we pen the door to let Him in? He doesnt force us into anything we dont want to do...if He did, Men wouldnt be sinners...God would ahev locked that Tree Of Wisdom up so tight and put on a dozen cherubims or flying daggers etc..maybe eletric wired fence..bombs...ditches...angels allt he works...or mayeb just killed the both of them and remade humans! But like all parents..you let them off after abit of scolding and watch over them as they go aboutt heir lives...turnt heir heads tot he right direction when they're looking the wrong way...Oh Father...How do you love me....I cant even count the ways!

So bro, dont forget Jesus...you are not Philip or Andrew...Think like Simon Peter without looking down...You cant swim but who cares! You dont even have to!
Father..give him your wisdom..every time we meet, I see you by his side..coz obviously he gets himself into alot of trouble..but he seldom gets caught for it...no prizes on guessing who's helping him. Yet he's like a pampered kid..happy go lucky in such a dangerous way...though he knows the road is dark and dangerous, he still insisits on walking that road..I know you follow him Father...but somehow he doesnt see it..if he does..he's not showing it... he gets everyone worried and tired of his subconscious trouble making...even I as a sister cant take him...I cast my cares unto you Father..only you can bring him safely to light...praying for him is the best and surefire way...coz if any kid was aboutto step into a ditch...the father always sweeps him up before he takes his next step.

I will say the same for myself...your arms are conatsntly under me and I try to keep you in my sight and mind every time. not successful yet..but I will get there. About my past probs...I dont know how they still effect me until they come back to haunt me..but whatever it is, Father...I know you are right next to me when I face my demons...

I am filled with love now...thankfulness for the protection and love of God, the sacrifice of Jesus to make me God's child...and likewise when all I ask from God is granted...I ask that He would bless you all physically and spiritually, emotionally and psychologically..the works...and believe me when I say that I can see him casting his blessings on you right now, sending his angels to keep watch by your side... and best of all, watching you himself...when you accept him as your saviour..He automatically takes you as his child too.

God Bless

1 comment:

Daughter Of Sarah said...

Shalom Ning! I am a fellow NCC-er. =D Just want to know what is the Discovery Workshop like and if I could get some of the notes off of you to have a read. =)

God bless!
Geri