Monday, September 03, 2007

LTC/Maybe Im too harsh/Back to the harsh reality/etc

This entry would be super long if I cud include everything I wanted to say...nonetheless..some things are not easy to put in words....

for starters, LTC (Leadership Training Camp) to Sungei Slim was awesome. Had a chance to do super fun and interesting stuff like white water rafting, trekking in the rainforests... The trekking was hours long and by the time we got back to our bunks, I cud feel the strain in my legs. White water rafting was enormously fun, from grade 1 to grade 3 rapids...I almost tipped over..got partially submerged in water before my students fulled me up. We helped each other through the rivers....it was sooo damn fun! Cant explain it! So glad I went.
The other interesting bit abt it was that I was rooming w angel. That in itself is an adventure coz she super giggly and funny and high when she's out of the office. Oh well...

Upon returning back, getting through customs and finally receiving a local telephone connection, we found out that a student we knew....had committed suicide. My first reaction was whether they were joking....nope....He really is dead.
I remember him as an irritating idiot but he wasnt bad enough for me to want him dead. Immediately, we made plans to go for his wake once getting back to SP.
Going to a wake has never been so weird when all the people there are younger than me. In normal wakes, the people there tend to be family and friends who are old...coz the one who died ends to be older...nonetheless...everyone there was a teen....in memoir of another teen...
We walked to his coffin and it being an open coffin....I expected to see his face...his menacing yet peaceful face...but what I saw...was the face of someone who didnt look like him at all. I dont know how he fell....it took me a few seconds to gather my thoughts and move away... I wanted to look closer really....may sound sick..but I wanted to certify that it was him.
On the pillars were posters made by his juniors or classmates etc...dedicating their love and misses to him. "Nexts year's A Div Championship is for you" ....
Because he's not close to me, the lack of reality that he is no longer in this world, doesnt hit as hard...nontheless...having just got back from Sungei Slim, it wasnt exactly the best thing to hear...it was a hard knock into reality again...
I remember having told my team mates abt never to take what we have for granted....this was a good example.....

To Poh Loong:
You will be my next song
From Ning

part2 next entry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, u havent tell me about what happen to him...