Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spiritual Warfare...Im telling God about you Satan!

Spiritual warfare is whats been bugging me these few weeks...I guess alot of things are going wrong and anything that goes wrong is without a doubt....satan's fault. Nvr a christians fault even if it was negligence on your part etc...

Matt (my colleague who doesnt mind being named) has been having his tough times and I feel for him...thats pretty much all I know how to do...I hate to say this but Im scared to help him with his work at times because Im sometimes drowning in mine....my work drowniness is often due to my lack of work capabilities. But I will try k bro....I try to help you out....sorry if I have little words to say..
However, I had a good chat w him on saturday and I realize even chatting helps...of course talking to him baout God sometimes...Im abit worried if Im saying the right thing about my beliefs in God..Daddy help..
After the chat...i hope I made his day better and I know I felt better too... :)

My spiritual warfare is the doubts I have about christianity and my aptitude as a christian...do I ahve what it takes to be a christian? why is it most of them are evidently blessed by God with the wisdom and holy spirit etc and I have zilch...or rather...it seems that way...
Alot of people say Im talented (something I count as blessings from God) in alot of stuff which I cant quite see myself...yet what I know I need is God's wisdom...the same wisdom everybody needs and only a certain percentage of people have alot...
I went to church today...abit less enthusiastic..wondering whether I'll learn anything today....I came out...happy. Happy that Im reminded that Im God's child...that He gives me everything I need and want....

By "want" I dont mean...what "I" want.....eg: A kid could run to his dad asking for the Turbo Jet Super Soaker 1500Xtra Maximus (seems cheem ah) The dad looks at him says yes and gets him an inflatable swimming pool and a slide...do we really know what we want? Its like advertising...every company positions their product to fulfill a certain need of their target audience....supersoaker = Need to get wet and have fun = water pool w slide...eveyrone gets wet and has fun....evidently more than what the kid asks for..at times...
I guess God does things that way at times...depending on how he seeks fits...ie:whichever way satisfies us the most.
Lets relate this to real present "year old" times....I cud ask God for my ex now....but only He knows what kind of a guy fits me. Which is why I dont ask for my ex. I just ask God for the right guy.

Psalm 23 (michael jordan's jersey number hahah makes it easy to remember)
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want...
God evidently fills our wants as well as needs but he fills them realistically...not w a supersoaker that fills our wants temporarily.

I prayed for the baptism of Holy Spirit today...how do you know if you've got it? I know most of my frens are non-christians...so let me explain. Baptism fot he Holy Spirit is not baptism of water or sprinkle of water etc...baptism of water is the public declaration that we are god's children...it is our own want to show publicly that we are god's kids...as my pastor would say it...not baptising in water is fine..because we are already saved if we believe that Jesus is our saviour. Simple..

From my understanding and the pastor's preaching...
Baptism of the Holy Spirit results on speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues is NOT jibberish (something I otherwise believed long ago) and it is given to any christian who believes in God and asks God for it. Tongues is an unknown language, an uncomprehensible language because it is spiritual language..the language I believe is used in the heavenly places...by speaking in tongues...we speak directly to God through the Holy Spirit. Praying with our own lingo is fine too so long as we pray through Jesus Christ...Jesus will do our intercepting and perfect our prayer before it goes to God our Father. and FOR SURE God grants em.
Praying in tongues...the wonderful thing about it is that the "words" we use are inspired by the Holy Spirit...means the prayer cant go wrong...we dont know what we're praying but rest assured the Holy Spirit has got every word correct.
Take the supersoaker for eg:
jesus and the holy spirit work in the same way...they both know what you really want and need and know just how to say it...like ...ur sister. You want the silly supersoaker..your sister knows you want it but also knows that wont fulfill you..so she gives the best solution..the inflatable pool! She goes to ur dad and tells him for you..with out you having to sheepishly tell him yourself...
In the present times...you may have a classmate or colleague or boss that pisses you off or irritates you or intentionally makes life difficult for you...chances are you'd really wanna pray for him to leave...more often than not you dont...do that coz being a christian you know better....
You may pray in to God for Him to help you with your troubles and help you to control yourself and to help make the reltionship between you and the irritant better...etc
Maybe praying in tongues would sound more like... "Daddy, bless my colleague/boss/classmate/ shower him with blessings, teach him to see your love for him and grace...etc....
As the bible says, "love even your enemies....

I am but a new christian..not as well versed in the bible as my pastors or even my colleagues...and I guess Im worried that what I say here isnt 100% correct....but what I do know is....my God listens to me when I am in need of help and am troubled...He hears my prayers and ALREADY has a solution to it...He doesnt hear your plan and say, "hmmis that so...okay let me see..what can I do to solve this..." He goes," Sit still...Ive known your probs even before you said a word...I saw it coming 2000 years ago and Ive solved it. Sit still, wait and see!"

Amen! Praise my Daddy God!

The pastor prayed for me to be baptised with the Holy Spirit and get tongues and all I ahve to do is believe that I have it already...

Moving on...my dad just made the announcement that we all have to thro away our old stuff because they're gonna be doing a renovation...I cud very well get my own room... :D the trouble now...is figuring what stuff to throw...feel a migraine coming on...Im excited but starting to feel tired too hahahahah

Got the urge to write songs again...havnt had that urge for a long time but this time...God is urging me to write christian ones...I cant play the keyboard or play the guitar well etc...but I do believe that so long as God wants me to do something...he will give me the means to do so well. Amen!

My God is an awesome God!

God Bless!

No comments: