Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Woohooo! My best event this year!

Taking the first few minutes of work to blog because its an itch Ive been unable to scratch for the past 4 days. Sorry boss.

Sat had an event at SP Convention Centre. This event was the Global Cultural Festival. My whole bunch of ISC members pulled members together to help w this event. I admit it was very very troublesome for my ISC members but I want them to see how other events are done.

Anyway. the event went very very very well man. YQ & I were the host and though it was frustrating at times to have our script edited and changed etc even on the last rehearsal, we just had to do it, even out the creases in the script.

We rented costumes from a costume shop and wore them. The SPARC wore SIA Stewardess costumes.

YQ & I had this crazy smooth flow and although we fumbled abit, we caught on to each other. :P And we laughed it out w pilot jokes. Alot of impromptu jokes made w the audience abt pilots and A380.

In fact Im quite amazed with the script. YQ & I initially wanted to fill it up w educational bits and intl greetings...but while working on it, it suddenly came to me that we could angle it as 2 pilots bringing their passengers on a trip around the world and it took off! The GOh was so happy he defied the usher and walked down to shake our hands, the directors were happy w us, the organisors were happy w us and we were happy!

I really cant describe much..coz its all "at the moment" stuff. If I have a recording of it, Id show you although you know Id probably cringe at every sec I hear my voice.

My love for compereing is never wavering!

God Bless!

No comments: