Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Giving God his praise...

Today's midweek service was really good. :) It said that God doesnt do plan Bs. everything that happens..devil induced or human induced...its all part of his plan. He doesnt shortchange us from our destiny just coz Satan made us do something bad or we did something wrong. :)

Anyway...I was serving today for choir and the more i served the more I felt impressed to express my thanks to God. Esp after all that has happened this year itself.

I had a chance to sing w my students, I had a chance to do a solo at esplanade!

I can only credit this to God for his provision and his strength and blessing to do it well too. All my performing opportunities have been given by God because without Him, no one would rememebr me to start with! I wouldnt have this voice to start with.

So many things! Good or bad, have worked out to be good for me. After today's sermon...Im more convinced! Think about it...flunking A Levels, coming to Poly....truly is the best thing that has happened to me. It was the start of many dreams fulfilled! Including doing the musical etc

So I truly believe God deserves the praise. He is soo wise and if you just take time to call His name and speak out what u really feel...at the end of the day...there is a peace that passeth understanding..

In fact...Im quite surprised that I was quite calm during the event. Esp teh singing bit. Normally Id be shivering all over! Even during Open House when I sang, I was shaking all over and I was mentally & physically drained! common sense would say that Id be half cold out since its esplanade and Im doing a solo of Andrew lloyd Webbers pieces! But God helped me.

In fact, I was blessed to have a co-host who was new but crazy and funny and that helped too. It was amazing how we could talk during the lunch porridge buffet. ahahah and of all topics..religion. What a weird casual conversation...

I know its God who has provided so many wonderful opportunities for me and made them come my way...

Today as i served..I had the warmth in my heart and the grtitude for all He has given to us. id tell you more stories abt how I wudnt be here if not for Him...esp when I was so young I wasnt even clear who God was then...yet He looked out for me.

I know I am God's beloved..and I believe that everyone who believes in Him is His child.

God Bless!

No comments: