Tuesday, June 20, 2006

the passion....

For weeks and probably months, Ive delayed my watching this movie because I know how disturbing it would be to me. Sure enough it was....I felt pain...I cried...I felt weak int he knees and I felt..ashamed...and guilty...and scared...

I had to take a breather from the movie because I cudnt take the pain all at one shot..I cudnt take seeing the chracter suffer. Yet if I was the chracter..I would have the privilage of pressing the pause button and rest before continuing the torture...

And what hurts most is that everyone around mocked him and laughed and condemned Him...including me......ashamed? Yes....why? Coz even know..even when I know who He is...I still dont know who He is. Im like all the other people int he movie that used to sit by and hear his words and yet..when it really mattered...I dont trust Him... In the movie, the people chose to let a killer go than letting Him go. Why? Why did they do soemthing so stupid? Isnt a killer worse?
Then I thought about it...which was worse? Someone who claims He's king and stirs a revolution, or a killer? Someone who was a threat to a unified yet blinded religious people. or a killer? For a people sp bent and stuck to their religion that they saw Him as a bigger threat than the worst killer....makes sense in their time....I do know one thing...
That everyone was so blinded by sin that they saw the killer as a good man..equal to their kind. As it says in the Bible....Christians will be as outcasts and condemned...like Him...they will be rejected by people of the world....The killer was their own....while He was condemned.

Yet you know whats funny. Its true! He could have lifted up even a twitch in his finger or eyebrows or even think abt it and it will come true. He could cast all from his midst, break free from chains and walk away healed of all scars..but no He didnt. Cause He was here to die. he was here to stand by the lashing post and be caned and clawed to all ounces of pain. Why? For those who had, do and will eventually believe in Him. The stupidest thing to do if you think on human terms...and He is born a man....but for those who realize what and who he did it for....not so stupid afterall...

I know all this is true...because I know and I feel....Because through the ages...nothing has been so constant as the christian religion...so many things have happened and so many people ahve witnessed. Because through Him do many things make sense...

to be continued... part 2 soon.............

No comments: