Monday, June 05, 2006

Time off for God

Its very interesting how God has given me such a blessed weekend.

For the past months Ive been asking myself so many questions..about whether my faith in God or love in God is real...If i question my level of love, there has to be a problem right? why am I not as enthusiatic and evangelical crazy than other christians? Why do I not feel the need to head into the jungle or rural areas and spread His name and Word? what is tongues and is speaking tongues even true? ive heard so much about these things and it makes me wonder if Im truly a christian or new born....What makes a born again? How does God's voice sound like? How glorious it would be to hear God's voice...

But you know out of all these questions...I was thinking to myself that the fact that I question myself...means that I have a conscious want to love God and Jesus more...means..I love Him? A very weird logic I learnt long ago that makes abit of sense..

But...amongst all that doubting that Im a christian..that God doesnt really listen to all my prayers....He gave me people to talk to regarding my faith...sunday afternoon, i met a fren's fren for coffee. This fren's fren brought his fren along and his fren and I unknowingly started to talk about chritianity...I must say that the talk is very refreshing..I havnt had such a chat ith someone for such a long time and it felt good to tell people about God...

This morning, I sat my colleagues car to work and we talked about christianity. Funny thing is that i had the intention of talking to him about this but I didnt know how to start...but when I got into the car, he was playing christian songs and that was the way we got into the topic. In fact my fren's fren is asking if He can follow me to church. Might be for the wrong reasons...but I hope in the process...God helps him..God opens his once opened heart.

Throughout the whole night that I was thinking to myself and praying to God about all this, He gave me comfort by providing me with opportunties...I know He's smiling now....

Likewise for now...i feel alot better blogging this...

A simple blessing God gave me today...was to help me with my work. The most stressful thing I had to do today...was to call students and get them to attend a presentation tomorrow...quite last minute...alot of energy required to convince students to go ...marketing... But God did all the work. He got me a whole group of students from my colleague...but also 2 other students who are very enthusiatic to go tomorrow. :P

Thanks Father!

My colleague (who drives me to work) and I have not finished our discussion and I long for another session like that.

God Bless!

No comments: